Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a VPS that allows torrents
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for a VPS that allows torrents

I am looking for a VPS service provider that will allow torrents. I am planning on running two:
1. Tracker (low traffic)
2. Seedbox, to help with availability of (legal) files (relatively high traffic, but I will throttle it to a reasonable rate so as to not overuse my limits or get in trouble with the hoster)
Can anyone share their positive experience running torrents on a VPS?

Comments

• r0t3nr0t3n Member

get a ks/sys/ovh/online.net box?

Thanked by 1Gunter
  • Get a @GreenValueHost VPS. They offer high monthly data limits and legal torrents are allowed.

• A long time ago, I ran a small tracker based on open tracker on a BuyVM VPS. Granted, it was low traffic and no illegal activity whatsoever.

• NickolaiNickolai Member
    edited April 2014

get a ks/sys/ovh/online.net box?

What is ks and sys?

Do you think I will need a full dedicated server for that? I thought of using 2 VPS's: cheap and very cheap one :).

• dude, vps is overrated when you can get a dedi for like 10bucks with 500-1tb space with good cpu /ram. you can ofc make 2 virtual machines out of the dedi .

• @infected said:
    you can get a dedi for like 10bucks with 500-1tb space with good cpu /ram.

Do you have a specific example in mind, which won't disallow torrents?

• infectedinfected Member
    edited April 2014

@Nickolai said:
    Do you have a specific example in mind, which won't disallow torrents?

online.net
    kimsufi nano series