Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BlueVM
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BlueVM

Does anyone have any experience with BlueVM. Particularly regarding the reliability of their service. I have a low cost server with them, based in their Atlanta location. It's been down several times that I know of during my short time with them ( > 5 times in three weeks). Based on my relative infrequency of access to the server this must be much lower than the actual outage) and it's reached a point where I don't feel I can trust them. Their support team is always fairly responsive to my tickets, but I'm always told "it's a DDOS" or similar, and never what will be done to protect my node in the future.

I'm just wondering whether this is typical of budget providers, or whether it's particular to BlueVM or of that Atlanta datacenter they use.

Comments

• Well if you have a ticket number I'll gladly take a look. I'm not a huge fan of our Atlanta datacenter... and to be honest I've been slowly moving people over to New Jersey as we have space... perhaps that's what is needed here?

• I had issues with atl (slow network speed and packet loss), but everything was fine after a move to KVM in NY.

• I've had to ticket in about 3-4 times over the last couple weeks because the shared hosting I'm on seem's to be down quite frequently. Ticket response time is usually about 5-6 hours, but it's usually a response of "fixed", so that's good.

• ACaton said: I've had to ticket in about 3-4 times over the last couple weeks because the shared hosting I'm on seem's to be down quite frequently. Ticket response time is usually about 5-6 hours, but it's usually a response of "fixed", so that's good

We're actually replacing all of our shared servers and that seems to be a more permanent solution.

• Awesome!!

BlueVM said: We're actually replacing all of our shared servers and that seems to be a more permanent solution.

• @BlueVM, will the reseller accounts also be replaced to new servers? I have felt on and off downtimes that makes it very hard to use as a primary host for basic sites.

• @elflord Reseller Hosting is on our Shared Hosting servers, so yes it will be moved.

Thanked by 1elflord
  • @Magiobiwan

I hope you're using Cloudlinux+CPanel. :)

• pbalazs123 said: I hope you're using Cloudlinux+CPanel. :)

Yes.

• emgemg Veteran

I have a BlueVM KVM VPS in Zurich since last October. It had a few minor hiccoughs the first couple weeks, but has been rock solid since then. Current uptime - 54 days. The uptime would be much longer, but I rebooted it myself to perform some kind of test that I wanted to try. I don't remember exactly what it was.

• markhmarkh Member

@BlueVM said:
    Well if you have a ticket number I'll gladly take a look. I'm not a huge fan of our Atlanta datacenter... and to be honest I've been slowly moving people over to New Jersey as we have space... perhaps that's what is needed here?

Maybe a move to NJ would be beneficial. I think I've grabbed all the data I want, but I'll raise a new ticket and then perhaps it could be moved.

As I said, the tickets (when I've raised them) have been responded to promptly, but in a 'generic' manner (eg #100814, #397112). I'd rather be told how the issue is being resolved long term rather than it's fixed (which I generally know when my VPS contacts me...)

• @markh - Feel free to PM me, email me (admin[at]bluevm.com), submit a ticket or hop on IRC whenever you're ready...