Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Litespeed server? Is there any one who know it? (help)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Litespeed server? Is there any one who know it? (help)

Hi Guys!

Nobody could help me because they dont know which license type i need.

Here is my vps:
http://www.serverloft.eu/rootservers/rootservers-compare.php?server=RootServer-M

Seems its 2 dedicated core and 6 virtual core , but they did this way:

1 dedicated core = 2100mhz , 2 dedicated core = 4200mhz

They did this way: 32 core = 1 core 131,25mhz so 32*131,25mhz = 4200mhz

I hope someone could help me..... which license i need.

Somebody said to me.. : VPS ULTRA only use 1 core and 8gb memory is this true?

Comments

• edited March 2014

Hello,

Please post the output of cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep processor and free -m

• [root@s1 ~]# cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep processor
    processor : 0
    processor : 1
    processor : 2
    processor : 3
    processor : 4
    processor : 5
    processor : 6
    processor : 7
    processor : 8
    processor : 9
    processor : 10
    processor : 11
    processor : 12
    processor : 13
    processor : 14
    processor : 15
    processor : 16
    processor : 17
    processor : 18
    processor : 19
    processor : 20
    processor : 21
    processor : 22
    processor : 23
    processor : 24
    processor : 25
    processor : 26
    processor : 27
    processor : 28
    processor : 29
    processor : 30
    processor : 31

[root@s1 ~]# free -m
    total used free shared buffers cached
    Mem: 12288 2555 9732 0 0 450

• ZweiTigerZweiTiger Member
    edited March 2014

hmm how to write there code format hmm

32 core and 12gb memory , free: 9,2GB

• @ZweiTiger said:

>

A 1-CPU license should be good.

VPS users with more than 8GB of RAM will require a 1-CPU license.

• what about the cpu cores? it will use 1 cpu core? which is 131mhz?

licensecart said that: it will only use 1 core

• @forthcloud said:

VPS users with more than 8GB of RAM will require a 1-CPU license.

ULTRA VPS? will good too?

• @ZweiTiger said:

Ultra VPS supports up to 8GB RAM.

• thats correct because my memory usage is 2gb. So it will good i think. But what about the cpu cores? Nobody could answer for that> @forthcloud said:

• @ZweiTiger said:
    thats correct because my memory usage is 2gb. So it will good i think. But what about the cpu cores? Nobody could answer for that

How much sites are you going to host? Static (ie HTML) or Dynamic (ie PHP, Python, etc)

• webhosting company. just dont know the litespeed licenses.

• @ZweiTiger said:
    webhosting company. just dont know the litespeed licenses.

1 CPU license should be enough for a VPS unless you are going to host lots of resource-intensive websites that will require more cores.

• @forthcloud said:

1 core is 130mhz. I dont think its enought for something...

• edited March 2014

Yeah you should probably contact your provider if it's possible to get those 2 dedicated cores, instead of 32.

The reason is depending on the LiteSpeed license, lsws will use the respective number of cores. In your case a 1-CPU license would work, but wouldn't be enough since you only get 130MHz on each core as you mention.
    PS: You don't need to get a license for the amount of CPU cores you have, but for the amount of CPU cores you want lsws to be able to use.
    Also since you have 12GB RAM, you can only go with the 1-CPU, 2-CPU, 4-CPU, and 8-CPU Licenses, the VPS (normal or Ultra) licenses won't work.

• @George_Fusioned said:
    Yeah you should probably contact your provider if it's possible to get those 2 dedicated cores, instead of 32.

The reason is depending on the LiteSpeed license, lsws will use the respective number of cores. In your case a 1-CPU license would work, but wouldn't be enough since you only get 130MHz on each core as you mention.
    PS: You don't need to get a license for the amount of CPU cores you have, but for the amount of CPU cores you want lsws to be able to use.
    Also since you have 12GB RAM, you can only go with the 1-CPU, 2-CPU, 4-CPU, and 8-CPU Licenses, the VPS (normal or Ultra) licenses won't work.
    @George_Fusioned said:

Thanks for your answer!

• To be honest, go with Nginx. You won't regret.

• Or use OpenLitespeed