Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone willing to sponsor a VPS to blogger and Linux enthusiast?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone willing to sponsor a VPS to blogger and Linux enthusiast?

HerrMaulwurfHerrMaulwurf Member
edited April 2012 in General

I am looking for a (hopefully reputable) provider which is willing to sponsor a small VPS (about 256-512MB RAM, 5GB HDD, 50GB Traffic, 1x IPv4, IPv6 not needed, hopefully Xen or KVM, but OpenVZ is okay too) to me.

Background: I am the admin of a tech blog which mainly refers to server administration and Linux (german-speaking guys may check http://www.leetperium.de). Therefor I need a VPS for testing new configurations and server software. The VPS will have mainly no load and only some peaks in case I'm testing. It will mainly be in a complete idle state (Load 0.0).

In return I'll post the name of the sponsoring provider in every article I used this VPS. The VPS should have a panel like SolusVM, because I'll need some OS reinstalls.

Best regards and thanks in advance,
HerrMaulwurf

Comments

• AsimAsim Member

hmmm, I dont think anyone would be willing to do that. Try contacting any german host which will benefit from the Gernman language blog and the German referrals

• I wish somebody would sponsor our server rental, that would be good.

Thanked by 2Asim [Deleted User]
  • @HerrMaulwurf, contact me via pm. Maybe we can manage a deal :-)

• Hello,

I just accepted an offer made by LoomHosts.net. Thanks to StableVDS and rds100 who also made their offers.

Best regards
    HerrMaulwurf

• quirkyquarkquirkyquark Member
    edited April 2012

@VMPort: why the gratuitous snark....or did we forget a smiley?

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

I think you may have more luck contacting providers you like individually instead of posting on a public forum ;)

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

The source for free VPSes is freevps.us

• SashiSashi Member

I can give you a free VPS but I'm not a VPS hoster though :)

• aubsaubs Member

Mods : Does this thread need to be closed? They've got a 'sponsor'...

• WTF? You've never heard of Virtualbox? This forum is getting stupider every single day.

Thanked by 1marrco
  • dmmcintyre3dmmcintyre3 Member
    edited April 2012

@subigo said: WTF? You've never heard of Virtualbox? This forum is getting stupider every single day.

Virtualbox gives you 100+mbps bw, a dedicated static public ip and 95%+ uptime, even when your computer is shut down/asleep/doesn't have a network connection?

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • @dmmcintyre3 said: Virtualbox gives you 100+mbps bw, a dedicated static public ip and 95%+ uptime, even when your computer is shut down/asleep/doesn't have a network connection?

He said he needed to "test" some scripts, so I'm guessing subigo assumed that he did not need 100% uptime.

• @subigo said: This forum is getting stupider every single day.

What @dmmcintyre said. I think you're getting crankier every single day.

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • I need to test some server configurations and software for my blog that gets seven hits a day. Better go beg on LET for a free VPS!

Really? The quality of discussion on this forum is already crap. Do we really need to add "free vps begging" to the list? You can get something on here for $1/month. Or you can go use Virtualbox. Or one of a million other things. This place is going to be nothing but spam and BuyVM threads a year from now. Watch.

Thanked by 1marrco
  • @subigo said: I need to test some server configurations and software for my blog that gets seven hits a day. Better go beg on LET for a free VPS!

Really? The quality of discussion on this forum is already crap. Do we really need to add "free vps begging" to the list? You can get something on here for $1/month. Or you can go use Virtualbox. Or one of a million other things. This place is going to be nothing but spam and BuyVM threads a year from now. Watch.

Bro, chill out, there is no need to be so pissy about everything.

• Come on guys, Y U SO OFFENDING?

First, I want to say a huge "Thanks" to all who offered me a free VPS. I finally got one from a provider which is not that offending like some people here.

First, my blog has slightly more than just seven hits a day. Of course I evaluated VirtualBox, but I really need a Server which is online 24/7, has sufficient bandwith and stuff like this. Besides, it might be a nice promo for the provider if he's mentioned in every article I publish using the VPS.

I think this thread can be closed now...

Best regards
    HerrMaulwurf

• gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member
    edited April 2012

@HerrMaulwurf said: First, I want to say

-

@HerrMaulwurf said: First, my blog has

It's actually first, second, third, ... ;-)

Out of pure interest: Why are you running a blog for 7 hits/day which are probably search engines?

• My blog has more than 7 hits/day, it actually has between 120 and 200UVs a day, depending on the topic.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@subigo said: WTF? You've never heard of Virtualbox? This forum is getting stupider every single day.

I will never be your client... with that tempter, I usuaaly change provider of anything if the owner treats me like that

This discussion has been closed.