Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best online payment method?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best online payment method?

ondadlondadl Member

Cheers and happy weekend!
I am looking for a good and more importantly, easy way to pay online. I have used CC, not happy giving that information online anymore, and now am looking for a simple alternative. PP was never an option because it just requires too much registering and verifying... not really something that interests me. I mainly buy gaming memberships, occasional amazon or itunes purchases and thats about it... any ideas?

Comments

• georgegeorge Member
    edited March 2014
  • fitvpnfitvpn Member
    edited March 2014

Guess Webmoney? :P

• Bitcoin but then again not every vendor accepts them. Just selected ones.

• Honestly, ask your bank for a one-use card.

• PayU has a very good reputation in Europe, not well known outside.

• If you are in the US, sign up with Citibank. They offer free virtual credit card to their customers. You can set spending limit on each card. I heard Discover offer that service too.

• @fitvpn said:
    PayU has a very good reputation in Europe, not well known outside.

This is true.

• paypal because it is fast to setup and fast payments best to have 2 paypal accounts 1 in your partner or friends name 1 in yours just in case something goes wrong : )

• Skrill

• @ondadl said:
    Cheers and happy weekend!
    I am looking for a good and more importantly, easy way to pay online. I have used CC, not happy giving that information online anymore, and now am looking for a simple alternative. PP was never an option because it just requires too much registering and verifying... not really something that interests me. I mainly buy gaming memberships, occasional amazon or itunes purchases and thats about it... any ideas?

Paypal is great because it requires verification (although I haven't?), this means the products you buy can be cheaper. I know of no game company that does not accept PayPal.

Still, you want to buy from multiple competitors - it's going to be hard to find a global payment method. Amazon has Amazon Pay, Apple's Itunes is against Amazon. Amazon will never accept PayPal.

Google Wallet is another cool payment method. You get the Google Card, plus the same amount of protection as PayPal (and Google gives less information to the product site). Still, Amazon will not accept Google - same as PayPal, Stripe, etc.

• Paypal, Alipay

• Webmoney or something. I just accept Bitcoin and Paypal/Bank and Credit card through PayPal.

• Buy a refillable visa/mc. you will have to register it to use it online. I really like citibank virtual mc numbers.

• PickyPicky Member

Skrill-Moneybookers

• Since paysafecard teamed up with skrill, i tend to use that more. Nothing safer then that, its just a prepaid code.

• VDS6VDS6 Member

Oh i personally love webmoney. What a pleasure to pay with wm and accept it.

• dont forget Western Union. its easy and fast

• NDTNNDTN Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

Webmoney & Perfect Money. But I prefer Webmoney also :)

• hey hey! Thank you all! Wow that was an overwhelming amount of info!
    Took me a while to sort through it all and check some of the ones out that I didnt know about!!!
    So, the methods I am NOT familiar with:
    @George - stripe? What sites/platforms accept that?
    @fitvpn - PayU? I am European and I have honestly never heard of that...
    @VDS6 - webmoney? How should I understand this concept? Is that like google wallet or something?
    @Archi -Alipay??? Where is this method from?
    @NDTN - perfect money? never heard of it?
    Ok - now in regards to the methods I know of:
    Bitcoin - not a fan - dont even think that is a real method of payment...?
    Western Union - isnt there a fee attached to that?
    paysafecard - I hear a lot of people talking about it, but I have honestly never tried it... I looked at the website and I am a bit confused in regards to mypsc and the psc? Is there a difference?

• easyeasy Member

most simple alternative is using vcc ,.

i think stripe is for bussiness only,

• infectedinfected Member
    edited April 2014

webmoney is the best srsly

i loved libertyreserve but it got taken down sadly

• cloromorphocloromorpho Member
    edited April 2014

Ask you bank for virtual credit cards.

Its the safest way.

• Yepp,
    would definetely get a vcc or debit/throwaway cc.

• NDTNNDTN Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

Perfect Money is just like Webmoney, but they have a WHMCS module so we are using on our site now.

@ondadl said:
    hey hey! Thank you all! Wow that was an overwhelming amount of info!
    Took me a while to sort through it all and check some of the ones out that I didnt know about!!!
    George - stripe? What sites/platforms accept that?
    fitvpn - PayU? I am European and I have honestly never heard of that...
    VDS6 - webmoney? How should I understand this concept? Is that like google wallet or something?
    Archi -Alipay??? Where is this method from?
    NDTN - perfect money? never heard of it?
    paysafecard - I hear a lot of people talking about it, but I have honestly never tried it... I looked at the website and I am a bit confused in regards to mypsc and the psc? Is there a difference?

• Skrill or Google wallet should be a good alternative here...

• stripe is a good alternative

• Psc is just a prepaid card, like itunes or WoW reload cards. You buy it a retailer or online, give in the code to add credit. Mypaysafecard is a service from them, you basically make an account on their homepage where you can combine codes (like when you ahve leftover credit) and have one place to store all your psc`s. You also get loyalty points everytime you use your account, which you can trade for all kinds of stuff (coupons, etc...) The more you use, the more you level up. Hope this answers your question :)

@ondadl said:
    hey hey! Thank you all! Wow that was an overwhelming amount of info!
    George - stripe? What sites/platforms accept that?
    fitvpn - PayU? I am European and I have honestly never heard of that...
    VDS6 - webmoney? How should I understand this concept? Is that like google wallet or something?
    Archi -Alipay??? Where is this method from?
    NDTN - perfect money? never heard of it?