Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vultr.com refund policy
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Vultr.com refund policy

Hey guys,

I didn't know about the refund policy of Vultr. I recently put $100 to my Vultr due to the campaign they have, but after seeing the download test benchmarks I did on various machines, I wasn't happy with the result.

So, I tried my chance, I asked for a refund in a simple way. As in: "Please refund me after deducting the cost of instances I used"

No reply for a few hours since I sent the mail in the middle of the night but...

The first reply came from PayPal, saying I was refunded. Then came the reply of support saying the same. No questions asked.

In a world where everyone is sharing mostly unpleasant experiences they had, I wanted to share this.

(:

Thanked by 1luissousa

Comments

• You got refund so what is the problem then?

Thanked by 2Mark_R howardsl2
  • @instatech said:
    You got refund so what is the problem then?

I don't think there is a problem. He was stating that his experience was a positive one.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

I think @Nomad was a very lucky chap however, I wouldn't take it as gospel that they'll extend the same courtesy to everyone who has credit with them.

• @Drehmini said:

OK i misunderstood.

• That what called "No Questions Asked, Money Back Return Policy".

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited March 2014

I don't think you should widely publicize that they refunded you so easily. Maybe they did a one-off exception, not sure if their intention was that you then go to a forum and post thread about "hey guys, it's okay to ask for your money back on even the most superficial grounds, Vultr just refunds everyone no question asked!"

IOW next time just think a little before going to babble about things in a public forum.

Thanked by 2dedicados howardsl2
  • NomadNomad Member

@instatech, I think you didn't read to the end. (: as @Drehmini said there's no problem. I wanted to share a positive feedback. We usually tend to take these for granted but complain about every little negative aspect of anything so...

@Nekki, you may be right, they might not do so in the future or for everyone. But for now, without even a glitch they accepted. Unfortunately, not all but a good amount of small hosting providers; even if they claim to have a refund policy, would've said it's not possible. So, I think this is a good point.

• NomadNomad Member

@Rm_ I'm not claiming such a thing. My case applies to short term, non-abusive usage.

• Maybe they were just being nice, but I agree with @rm_ you should not have shared this.

• hiphiphip0hiphiphip0 Member
    edited March 2014

I asked refund from prometeus, kiloserv, budgetvm, crissic.
    They all did it in positive way, after refund prometeus even asked me reason for further improvments.

After I request cancellation, phoenixvps provide following support, so I continued using for more than half a year.

Don't get me wrong, the main reason I leave these providers is just latency, caused by distance.

• @hiphiphip0 wouldn't it be better if you measured the latency before you ordered? You know, you did cost these providers some money.

• hiphiphip0hiphiphip0 Member
    edited March 2014

@rds100 said:
    hiphiphip0 wouldn't it be better if you measured the latency before you ordered? You know, you did cost these providers some money.

Hi,

I do tested latency and download speed before ordering, but network is not always keeping, dynamic routing I think.

I also did some negligible thing to help them marketing (objective reviews, information bring up to intention customers, using their other products etc)

I'm not a always buying testing refunding guy, refunded less than 5% .

:( still feeling bad.

• @hiphiphip0 said:
    :( still feeling bad.

No need, as customer we have our rights.