Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Australian VPSs
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Australian VPSs

maxexcloomaxexcloo Member
edited September 2011 in General

Hey, does anyone have any experience with Australian VPS providers?

I was wondering as there seems to be an unusually low amount listed on LEB (I know bandwidth and such is expensive here but still...)

Anyway, suggestions/discussion is welcome, Thanks!

Comments

• Maybe LowEndAdmin can help you with this since he is Australian himself :) I don't remember seeing many (any?) offers for australlian VPSes here and on LEB, probably because they usually cost more than 7 USD. Actually i have seen serveral offers from companies based in Australia, but their servers are usualy based in USA.

• gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member
    edited September 2011

http://www.exigent.com.au/hosting/vps.php

While being based in Brisbane, Queensland, we currently occupy space within the Global Switch data centre located in Sydney, New South Wales. We will soon be occupying additional space within data centres across Brisbane.

If you pay yearly their cheapest server is under 7$/month

Also http://www.lowendbox.com/blog/exigent-aud5-95-512mb-openvz-vps-in-australia/

• Unfortunately that offer is long gone, would have been nice :\

• Exigent "VPS1" at AUD$8/month is about the lowest you can get I think. MammothVPS also has "Personal" VPS for AUD$9.95/month with just 10GB/month of data.

Yeah. Everything is expensive down under.

• LowEndAdmin said: Exigent "VPS1" at AUD$8/month is about the lowest you can get I think. MammothVPS also has "Personal" VPS for AUD$9.95/month with just 10GB/month of data.

I would have thought with the recent competition amongst broadband providers that bandwidth costs would be down, seems I was mistaken :(

• Crucial.com.au has one at about $13/month (pay yearly), with only 15gb transfert, and native ipv6.
    I'm using it for "just" a DNS server (5th DNS server - with about 60 domains in it and one domain realy using it as DNS server), and those 15gb is used every month ....

• MammothVPS's $0.20/GB is about as low as you can go and it's pretty mediocre bandwidth according to another provider. Jumba's VPS plans starts from AUD$10/month with 100GB/month, if you can live with Virtuozzo...

The weirdest thing is, it seems to be cheaper to buy transit for data across Pacific, than buying between local bandwidth providers. I have no idea why it is the case but it has surely hindered the development of local web startups (and costs me an arm + a leg to get my site running there).

• It's a 5th DNS server and it's using all 15gigs of traffic? That seems high.

• maxexcloo said: Hey, does anyone have any experience with Australian VPS providers?

I was wondering as there seems to be an unusually low amount listed on LEB (I know bandwidth and such is expensive here but still...)

Anyway, suggestions/discussion is welcome, Thanks!

Another Aussie here myself, but Aussie VPS and cheap rarely go hand in hand. Any reason specifically you need Aussie based VPS ?

• eva2000 said: Another Aussie here myself, but Aussie VPS and cheap rarely go hand in hand. Any reason specifically you need Aussie based VPS ?

Mainly for low ping (convenience, mumble hosting, etc).

• @dirk said: Crucial.com.au has one at about $13/month

Highly recommend Crucial Paradigm. They have recently moved to newly built Equinix SY3 data center with their own cage. Some pretty nice setup there. However they are also moving towards their "cloud" offering (blade servers with SAN for storage) which are not that low end.