Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What OS do you use on your servers? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What OS do you use on your servers?

13»

Comments

• @sleddog said:

Unfortunately, yes, AFAIK. I think people moved on.

• Crunchbang is pretty good for a small distro, although not as small as DSL.

• FritzFritz Veteran

Debian and CentOS. My fav.

• sleddog said: Dead project I think.

What? So sad, the home page brought back memories.

• What are some good reasons to switch from Debian 7 to Ubuntu 14.04 LTS server?

• @darknyan said:
    What are some good reasons to switch from Debian 7 to Ubuntu 14.04 LTS server?

Best reason: LTS. Ubuntu sees more updates than Debian because of the strong corporate backing. I wouldn't switch from Debian to Ubuntu, but only when convenient.

Check: http://askubuntu.com/questions/15314/debian-stable-vs-ubuntu-lts-for-server

I personally use Ubuntu server, although I'm not planning on updating to 14.04 LTS until next year.

Thanked by 1souen
  • for real servers simply debian.... its just pure love. simple, user friendly, rock solid (stable repo) gigantic repos, all around community.... superior package tool. im using centos too, but reason is cpanel and solusvm; damn still i hate it....

• RamiRami Member

Debian & Ubuntu

• Bring back Damm Small Linux!

• VitaVita Member

I use Debian 6/7 on my DS, and Ubuntu/Debian for VPS (x86), sometimes CentOS, but it depends on the usage of the VPS.

• Debian