Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking 4 Best SSD offer
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking 4 Best SSD offer

wojonswojons Member
edited March 2014 in Requests

I was used and recently went back to vexxhost.com. who offers a great ssd "cloud". They are a lot like digital ocean but one location the nice thing is there storage offering doubles just like there ram offering which is something digitalocean does not have. unfortunately looks like they are doubling there price and there current pricing which use to be there base pricing is coming to an end. I have sent a ticket to support and they say the price increases has to deal with a new way they are configuring things and to there quality the usual things. Anyway I am looking for offerings simular to this where i can scale SSD storage and the pricing to scale evenly or get cheaper the large the node I get. it for achieving log files. Lots of rights very few reads.

The base config I am looking for should have the following

Xen or KVM

2vcpu

1gb ram

40gb pure ssd

1tb transfer.

I am looking for providers in north america but i can understand if this can only be found in the EU. I am also looking for providers that are willing to scale or have lots of nodes because the datastore is distributed. I will start with a few machines to start loading my current data and as that grows i will upgrade the machines or get more. Depends on load and availability

Comments

• @wojons - whats your timeline?

• @MarkTurner said:
    wojons - whats your timeline?

Timeline for which part?

• To find a new provider - we have 3-4 quite well known companies that use our services (not Delimiter) for log processing, I have alluded to some in my posts on here. You should be able to work out which they are.

PM me and I'll discuss in more detail

• @MarkTurner said:
    To find a new provider - we have 3-4 quite well known companies that use our services (not Delimiter) for log processing, I have alluded to some in my posts on here. You should be able to work out which they are.

PM me and I'll discuss in more detail

PM set,

Also for anyone else there is no super short timeline i can always get a few nodes from vexxhost since the pricing is locked in on nodes that are already launched but after a not to long period of time I will out grow the storage and will need more.

• MunMun Member

Bug ramnode for a personal quote, you will get the best SSD performance from them.

• @Mun said:
    Bug ramnode for a personal quote, you will get the best SSD performance from them.

is ramnode's handle @ramnode also its not just about best ssd performance other factors are important

• @Jack said:
    Nick_A

I sent him a PM but i am always down for more offers i dont like to stop at just one.

• @wojons said:
    is ramnode's handle ramnode also its not just about best ssd performance other factors are important

ramnode are stable, network are Fast, disk io are very good, support are quick and helpful, if that is the other factor