Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GreenValueHost: Disk I/O is Poor! Post Your dd Result Here!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GreenValueHost: Disk I/O is Poor! Post Your dd Result Here!

Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran
edited March 2014 in Providers

Hi,
I got a OpenVZ Box with 4 TB (!) Ram [Although, it should be 4 GB but it shows like this], 290 GB SSD-Accelerated Disk (!) [Totally Misleading, there's no touch of SSD, neither SSD nor SSD-Caching], Maybe 2 IPv4, 4 Shared Cores of E3-1240 v2, 30 TB B/W at Texas (via CC).

Today, when I ran dd command, I got it's 36.5 mbps which is never acceptable on Jon's so called "SSD-Accelerated" Disk Space. I'm on TX2 Node.

Would you mind sharing your DD result here as comment, also the Name of the Node you are hosted on.

Only Those who are using VPS from GreenValueHost

For those who can't remember dd command, it's:

dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync

Thanks All & Sorry for My Poor English -_-

Comments

• CaasiCaasi Member
    edited March 2014

Removed

• iSkyiSky Member

Drama starting again, buy pop corn to watch this or i will get email threat because slander

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

@iSky said:
    Drama starting again, buy pop corn to watch this or i will get email threat because slander

I thought you people started once, why should I stay behind?? ;) :D :P

• We need GVH Category

Thanked by 2namhuy luissousa
  • NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited March 2014
    root@JennaHaze:~# dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 50.5798 s, 21.2 MB/s

Unbelievable!!! Right after posting this thread, My DD got 100+ mbps :o

root@backup ~]# dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 9.56661 s, 112 MB/s
  • rmlhhdrmlhhd Member
    edited March 2014

I would post mine but they refunded and cancelled my order with no reason

• daveshahdaveshah Member
    edited March 2014

16384+0 records in 16384+0 records out 1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 39.9789 s, 26.9 MB/s

GVH OpenVZ VPS in Buffalo, New York

• CaasiCaasi Member

16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 22.4932 s, 47.7 MB/s

edited March 2014

@rmlhhd said:
    I would post mine but they refunded and cancelled my order with no reason

NO REASON 

Mr. John ( @greenvaluehost ) should let us know the reason while we get ready for popcorn.

@Noerman said:
    We need GVH Category

I urgely request @mpkossen to do so. It's not only My Request, A request from LET Community!

Thanked by 1Noerman
  • @ehostlab and why the f*** did you order it? What results did you expect? Or you just needed some more drama?

Thanked by 2mpkossen UltranetUSA

@Mun Would you mind sharing your DD Test Cron Script?? I need to monitor my one closely after some hours ;)

• @rds100 said:
    ehostlab and why the f*** did you order it? What results did you expect? Or you just needed some more drama?

For me it was drama mainly, I didn't have the VPS for any longer than a few hours but I certainly got some DRAMA!!!

@rds100 said:
    ehostlab and why the f*** did you order it? What results did you expect? Or you just needed some more drama?

Why are you getting Angry Mate? -_- I'm just wondering if SSD-Cached, SSD-Accelerated & SATA mean the same??

• SSD-Cached, SSD-Accelerated or any other modern hype word can be hammered to death and overloaded, just as any other storage technology in a shared environment.

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • iSkyiSky Member

@ehostlab yeah, we start, you finish them.... ROFL this provider is scamming more from time to time, from policies change in one night and change back in an hour after a massive blow up then public appologize also have a private chat that he asking a chance to prove they are good, but i just got an email that said i was slander and said something bad on them, @ehostlab why dont you tag him at here LoL

• BruceBruce Member

from serverbear results

dd if=/dev/zero of=sb-io-test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync
    36.2452 s, 29.6 MB/s

Mar - I/O rate: 62.2 MB/second

Jan - I/O rate: 152.0 MB/second

• tchentchen Member

@rds100 said:

It's the new equivalent of throwing boiling water into the air.

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

I feel I should point out that despite the 'low' DD results I posted above, I have absolutely no issues doing anything with my VPS. The console response is snappy, installing packages is just as fast as anywhere else, and the network is fine for VPN.

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • Kevin_KKevin_K Member
    edited March 2014

Chicago ch1

Takes about 20 seconds for the ssh to even fully connect and I am only 100 miles away from Chicago. Surely a disk I/O problem. I have 3 servers with them and 2 of them are just for testing and have nothing running on them. Unfortunately they are all in Chicago and on the same node.

There is nothing important on any of these vps and not really worried much about how they perform. Nice to have for testing at the price I picked them up for. That is if I can load the SSH.

Just thought I would share the results.

[root@test ~]# dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync 16384+0 records in 16384+0 records out 1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 53.3862 s, 20.1 MB/s

[root@observe ~]# dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync 16384+0 records in 16384+0 records out 1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 33.8558 s, 31.7 MB/s

root@panel:~# dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync 16384+0 records in 16384+0 records out 1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 36.5023 s, 29.4 MB/s

@Nekki said:
    I feel I should point out that despite the 'low' DD results I posted above, I have absolutely no issues doing anything with my VPS. The console response is snappy, installing packages is just as fast as anywhere else, and the network is fine for VPN.

Yeah, for VPN, you can ignore the Point of DD. But, those who host files must think of Disk I/O. In December, My Backup used to done in 10-15 minutes as the I/O was better, files were synced faster. But, now, it takes more than an hour only because of the I/O.

• Still, why do people still get GVH servers after thousands of bad reviews here on LET? Nobody using this forum should never buy a GVH server, and if they do, don't complain about it, for 99% of all here on the forum know that GVH is a bad host.
    Paying GVH just to make more drama ;) Maybe a new business model for GVH, Drama plans, with auto membership here at LET. :D :D

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@myhken said:
    Still, why do people still get GVH servers after thousands of bad reviews here on LET? Nobody using this forum should never buy a GVH server, and if they do, don't complain about it, for 99% of all here on the forum know that GVH is a bad host.
    Paying GVH just to make more drama ;) Maybe a new business model for GVH, Drama plans, with auto membership here at LET. :D :D

Because they will do anything to get more with less.

• Alexander
    Thanked by 1MannDude

@myhken said:
    Still, why do people still get GVH servers after thousands of bad reviews here on LET? Nobody using this forum should never buy a GVH server, and if they do, don't complain about it, for 99% of all here on the forum know that GVH is a bad host.

I hadn't bought it right now. I bought it Back in December Blowout (!) [ Is it something that GVH has blown out everything?? ]

• namhuynamhuy Member
    edited March 2014

myhken said: Maybe a new business model for GVH, Drama plans, with auto membership here at LET. :D :D

Some celebrities get famous this way :)

• Ian_Ian_ Member

So why use them if they are so bad? Me personally im tired of people bringing up these stupid threads about them. As you seen they are not going to respond because its school time.

Thanked by 1ironhide
  • asterisk14asterisk14 Member
    edited March 2014

Atleast the plan was cheap so stop complaining...

• iSkyiSky Member

@lan_ your skype is off ? try a hundred times to contact you but got no answers

• NekkiNekki Veteran

iSky said: @lan_ your skype is off ? try a hundred times to contact you but got no answers

He's blocked you in advance because you can't secure a server and send plenty of outbound DoS.

Thanked by 1isy44h112
This discussion has been closed.