Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPN (Unshared port) - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPN (Unshared port)

2»

Comments

• rds100rds100 Member
    edited March 2014

You should be able to setup your torrent client to not share/seed and only to download/leech. Whether you consider this "fair" and whether the torrent sites / trackers will tolerate you is another matter.

In all cases a provider will not receive a court order about you, because you downloaded some torrents. Or at least it is very very unlikely.

• MrXMrX Member

darknyan said: A list of countries without copyright laws: Eritrea, Turkmenistan, San Marino, US territories [have extradition with the US], Seychelles, Iran, Iraq, Palau, Afghanistan [for a few more months], Somalia (not totally sure anymore), Kiribati, Laos, Sao Tome, Principe, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, and Nauru.

Several of those jurisdictions have intellectual property (copyright) laws. Some weren't enacted until the last couple of years, though, but you may want to update that list. I think you might be confusing intellectual property laws with signatories to various international treaties or just treaties with the US on intellectual property.

However, even with laws and treaties, enforcement is a different topic.

• If you read it on the Internet, it must be true!

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@rds100 so vpn.sh will be dead soon? They said they dont keep logs.

• PwnerPwner Member

@Infinity580 said:
    rds100 so vpn.sh will be dead soon? They said they dont keep logs.

Every VPN provider keeps logs. The only difference is that they don't make it available to anyone but the police and lawyers when the time comes. All providers must keep logs to protect themselves when an abusive user comes along to disrupt the system. Logs protect the services, without them, the company will be shutdown due to the abusive users.

Thanked by 2Upstage RLT
  • Infinity580 said: @rds100 so vpn.sh will be dead soon? They said they dont keep logs.

Didn't they almost die already? I remember a thread here.

• VPNshVPNsh Member, Host Rep

@rds100 said:

Not sure where you've read that, but I can assure you that isn't the case at all.

• Even if you do your own VPS/Dedicated VPN/SSH connection I hope people realize that the node can keeps logs and most often do, its very easy for the node/hosting provider to link your "VPN" traffic to your real IP. After all, you connect to the VPN with the IP you want hidden. And if you don't care about the IP, then you don't care about logs either :D

• @liamwithers said:
    Not sure where you've read that, but I can assure you that isn't the case at all.

but do you keep logs ? :P

• @rds100 said:
    Didn't they almost die already? I remember a thread here.

You're right, vpn.sh died for almost a month due to **one **abusive user.

• Proxy.sh offers dedicated package: $35 per month + $50 setup fee, they give you access to all their shared nodes also (over 300 nodes across the world), very cheap.

• defiantdefiant Member

@Nyr said:
    Nobody cares about you downloading TV shows. Get a $1 VPS and set up a VPN if you want, end of the story.

This^^. It is not that complicated or difficult for your to rent a low end VPS and start your own VPN. You can use softether VPN for using as a server. And if you're paranoid enough about the logs, make a script that will install the VPN server and configure it. Then just reset the VPS every day!

• xsetxset Member

@liamwithers - I hope your VPN.SH support gets better asap. I have waited 2 months for replies to my tickets and all have been ignored and not replied to. Created 3-4 tickets and all have been ignored.

@xset said:
    liamwithers - I hope your VPN.SH support gets better asap. I have waited 2 months for replies to my tickets and all have been ignored and not replied to. Created 3-4 tickets and all have been ignored.

Please PM me ticket ID's. The majority of tickets get forwarded to Julien who should have had them attended to - I'll get this chased up asap, thanks for letting me know.

• seansean Member

I'll do gigabit UNMEATED for £350.42/mo including very powerful hardware.

• petrispetris Member

@sean said:
    UNMEATED

Those darn meats are always getting in the way of a stable VPN connection. Glad you found a way to get rid of them.

• xsetxset Member

@liamwithers sent the ticket ids - no response yet to any of the tickets....

@xset I'll be going through tickets within the next couple of hours, you'll have a response soon.

• @emre said:
    1- buy a cloud vps from somewere

2- buy another from anotherwhere

3- buy 3 more from otherwhere

4- vpn into first , then second , then third .. etc .etc..

5- after you finished, log out from all and destroy them all :D

Best Regards,

That's called the Onion effect. That's how Tor works.

• WilliamWilliam Member

darknyan said: Eritrea, Turkmenistan, San Marino, US territories [have extradition with the US], Seychelles, Iran, Iraq, Palau, Afghanistan [for a few more months], Somalia (not totally sure anymore), Kiribati, Laos, Sao Tome, Principe, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, and Nauru.

Some more info about a few of that list... Most info here is from the local wikipedia articles and their sources, enforcement is from local IT news (i tend to monitor such things), general info from international news/wikipedia. BW pricing is dedicated and from a lot of quotes of many ISPs over the years and can be reasonable believed to have not changed much.

Eritrea has copyright laws. Not enforced. Dictator controlled country without any notable infrastructure. Not safe/extremely expensive. 90-100$/Mbit (foreign SAT)

Turkmenistan has copyright laws. Enforced. Soviet relicts. Dictatorial governed country with notable ressources. Might be safe/extremely expensive. 30$/Mbit (Government telco)

San Marino has (technically) copyright laws. Enforced, with Italian police where required. Not safe. Prohibitively expensive. Requires Italy to survive. 20$/Mbit (partly government owned telco with Italian roots).

Seychelles have copyright laws. Mainly enforced on foreign requests. Bankrupt. Extremely expensive. 50-60$/Mbit (local telcos) to 90-100$/Mbit (SAT)

Iran has copyright laws for Iranians and Iranian content (made by foreign persons recognized as Iranian, does not require citizenship). Enforced locally. Safe. Sanctioned/Possibly a way to get you into a lot of trouble when dealing with. Reasonable cheap, 10-20$/Mbit like most of Asia (state owned upstream telcos, BW can be bought from local sub ISPs)

Iraq, Kurdistan seems to have lax copyright laws protecting local content but Baghdad barely has a government. Extremely expensive with 50-60$/Mbit (2 local telcos i asked, both in safer Kurdistan)

Palau. Basically US territory. SAT.

Afghanistan has copyright laws, technically, which are not enforced at all (the government that drew them does not exist anymore). Extremely expensive/next to impossible. SAT if not jammed (usage of a dual way sat system could also be a good way to get on a list of US drone targets i guess)

Somalia has copyright laws (Puntland and Somaliland). Not Enforced. Failed state that broke into by now multiple failed states full of extremists/extremely expensive. 70-80$/Mbit (Cable, Somalitel - other regions mainly Sat)

Kiribati has copyright laws, i have no info of them ever being used though (most likely due to the small size). Extremely expensive. SAT.