Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicated Minds - In limbo?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicated Minds - In limbo?

nductivnductiv Member
edited March 2014 in Providers

Dedicated Minds had scheduled its datacenter move from Clifton, NJ to Weehawken last night 0:00 to 6:00am EDT. As of 9:00am EDT everything seems to be down: their website, support portal, my VPS node and control panel. No way to file a ticket.

Anyone from DM have an update for customers???

Comments

• Their support website works for me: http://support.dedicatedminds.com

Also according to the email you can just reply to it.

• Replied to email much earlier. No response, not even a ticket acknowledgement. Can't login to support... doesn't recognize my login (email address.) Nothing mentioned on their support under Server Status or Announcements. Would be grateful for some information on the outage.

• What datacenter are they in? This could be a network outage.

• ReeceReece Member

We've got someone picking away at us currently.

The Clifton move is taking longer than expected, we've so far not had any update or responses back as of yet to find out what the hell is going on with them. Support via email is still running which is as normal but our helpdesk and main site is facing some troubles.

Ill switch over the dns records and we should see the end of that.

If you need to contact us in the mean time please email [email protected]

Reece

• They moved from Clifton, 100 Delawanna to Weehawken DRT, 300 JFK Blvd last night. Move window was announced for midnight through 6am EDT. Doubtless the current outage is related to the move.

Just would like some sort of status and ETA for service restoration from them.

Their email from yesterday:

Hello,

This an updated reminder to inform you our facility in Clifton, New Jersey will be going offline in the coming hours to make way for our facility move to Weehawken, New Jersey happening at 0:00 to 6:00AM EDT.

The move is to last within a 6 hour time frame, we do however expect to be back online much sooner than the estimated window but we have provided room for any changes that may happen.

Support services are available throughout this period, there will be no IP changes neither hardware we are simply powering down the network and moving our servers to another facility nearby so there will be no changes at all to your VPS services.

More information will follow we to expect this to be an overall improvement on our network & infrastructure as well as providing us ample options to expand our lineup here now without a move pending.

If you have any questions please feel free to reply to this email.

You can email contact us via: http://support.dedicatedminds.com if you would like to open a support ticket.

Kindest Regards,

Dedicated Minds Limited

• ReeceReece Member

We're live in Weehawken :-)

Full report will follow soon once we clear up a few things our end.

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited March 2014

• Thanks Reece!

• Any update on the things? Since 4 days TUN/TAP is not working on all my 10 VPSes and yet noone replies to my ticket..

• Rob92Rob92 Member

Same here with the TUN/TAP not working...