Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Delimiter VPS Review (open for everyone) - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Delimiter VPS Review (open for everyone)

2»

Comments

• @edan said:
    I am recommend them if you need cheap and stable dedibox, I have two box with them so far, first order provisioned in 2 weeks about a month ago, since I really like it than a week ago (3/20) I snap the same specs (HP BL460C Dual X5150, 16GB, 500GB, 2 IP4) and provisioned today (3/26), I paid annually for both.

Be patient, that's the key.

If i have not opened this discussion i may still do not know that my contact detail is incorrect...

What is difference between street address and postal address the main thing is telephone number because fedex will deliver u after confirming address on telephone...

And we all that ordered on 19th of this month waiting for server... What we done wrong ordered a server... May be opening a bank account is easy then ordering server... I think next thing they want to know is my kin address....

• edanedan Member

Tajbyte said: my contact detail is incorrect...

Fix it and wait, that's all you can do now :)

• @Tajbyte - Don't get hung up on Fedex, you are required to provide a valid address. If you were mailed a notice via the regular postal mail it would simply be returned. The mistake is yours, you provided bogus information at signup, you were notified about this within 24 hours and then did nothing to fix it, from what I understood you changed the formatting of the bogus information.

Delimiter's Terms of Service states:

You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account information, and are responsible for all activities that occur under your account.

They should really have just cancelled your order straight off, but the lady who reviewed your account decided to request valid information. You did nothing meaningful to remedy this.

I am sure plenty of providers will not care what you write, you could right Father Christmas c/o The North Pole and your order will go through but Delimiter is known for validating every piece of information they are provided.

They will do the same thing again tomorrow and if they can't validate it you'll be back in the same cycle or they'll actually reject your order.

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • It took mine 5 business days to deliver(today), while I do plan to use it for something development related, but I do know that Delimiter has quite some backlog so I'm okay with the waiting.

btw, I'm getting the Dual X5150 :)

• I have the X5150. Signed up 12/01/2013. I had a delay with setup as well. I do not run anything mission critical on this machine. It's more a developmental machine and proxy for when I'm at work for blocked sites. I'm satisfied with the service I've received. I haven't had any issues with the server. I had always had access to IPMI, which allows me to administer my server and fix anything I need to. When I have contacted staff, they've always been courteous and nice, answering my questions or narrowing down what I need. It's been serving a great use so far and I continue to use it for many many functions.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • TajbyteTajbyte Member
    edited March 2014

@MarkTurner said:
    Tajbyte - Don't get hung up on Fedex, you are required to provide a valid address. If you were mailed a notice via the regular postal mail it would simply be returned. The mistake is yours, you provided bogus information at signup, you were notified about this within 24 hours and then did nothing to fix it, from what I understood you changed the formatting of the bogus information.

They will do the same thing again tomorrow and if they can't validate it you'll be back in the same cycle or they'll actually reject your order.

On sign up i provided the details where i work and then after notice from your people that it is incorrect same day i updated it my home address and opened the ticket to verify if the contact information is ok now... for you people...?

Billing department replied... " The server will be delivered in 1-3 business days "

Then after 3 days i contacted you and steve and asked where is the server you & steve redirect to open ticket at DV and i do so... i got replied that my order is accepted on 20th and this tuesday i will get my server...

I opened here the discussion do any one got the server from last promo and you came up with the message that the contact info i still incorrect... and now i updated it to my postal address...

What you want to proof PayPal is stupid company...? They do not verify address? I paid through paypal and they verified my address when i purchased over 198 times from ebay... When it is the same which is on my PayPal account and PayPal is also verified account... Then why it is so?

• @Tajbyte said:
    What you want to proof PayPal is stupid company...? They do not verify address? I paid through paypal and they verified my addredd when i purchased over 198 times from ebay... When it is the same which is on my PayPal account and PayPal is also verified account... Then why it is so?

What @MarkTurner is trying to say in a nice way is that if you can't provide a valid address that the post office in your country will deliver to then they don't want your business. It doesn't matter if another company "verifies" your address, they must do it themselves. Your purchase history is irrelevant to them.

• @petris said:
    What MarkTurner is trying to say in a nice way is that if you can't provide a valid address that the post office in your country will deliver to then they don't want your business. It doesn't matter if another company "verifies" your address, they must do it themselves. Your purchase history is irrelevant to them.

Here we have only two way of receiving the mail bro.. one is through postal box and second is through DHL or Fedex... When i put the DHL or fedex address they do no accept and when now i added the postal address i am waiting for verification... if both are not accepted... Then please better remove that country from your sign up list...

• ztecztec Member

Hmm.

It looks like my server from them just broke. Doesn't boot back up after I switched virtualization to on. Tried booting it with iLO and their in house panel but nothing seems to work.

Hope they reply to my ticket soon.

• TajbyteTajbyte Member
    edited March 2014

@MarkTurner said:
    Tajbyte - Don't get hung up on Fedex, you are required to provide a valid address. If you were mailed a notice via the regular postal mail it would simply be returned. The mistake is yours, you provided bogus information at signup, you were notified about this within 24 hours and then did nothing to fix it, from what I understood you changed the formatting of the bogus information.

Yes, this is what i am hitting my head with is no one contacted me after the second update of information that you need the postal address... or proof your address or any thing similar...

I am contacted once and i updated it thrice... one time with my company address... second time with my home address and this time with my postal address...

• @ztec said:
    Hmm.

It looks like my server from them just broke. Doesn't boot back up after I switched virtualization to on. Tried booting it with iLO and their in house panel but nothing seems to work.

Hope they reply to my ticket soon.

Update us all with your server... When you ordered and how is your experience with them...

• ztecztec Member

I ordered it and they supplied me with it in 10 minutes of paying. Maybe even faster. It's just that I wanted to configure it today but it doesn't seem to boot up anymore after setting cpu virtualization on.

I trust that this will be handled.

• TajbyteTajbyte Member
    edited March 2014

@ztec said:
    I ordered it and they supplied me with it in 10 minutes of paying. Maybe even faster. It's just that I wanted to configure it today but it doesn't seem to boot up anymore after setting cpu virtualization on.

I trust that this will be handled.

Lucky received it within 10 minutes... There are many who received it after 10 days... Don"t forget to update us All with the time in which it get fixed...

• I they think deliver servers just fine and within reason, seems most people who do not get it within a certain amount of time have their account under review.

• ztecztec Member
    edited March 2014

@Tajbyte said:
    Lucky received it within 10 minutes... There are many who received it after 10 days... Don"t forget to update us All with the time in which it get fixed...

Server is fixed now. They offered me to either wait for repairs or just get a new one. I chose for a new one and within a minute I had a new one.

• Finally, got this message yesterday:

"We have reviewed your order for a VPS, but following a risk review of your account it has been determined that we are unable to offer you this service at this time. A refund will be made for the order"

Very Happy that at least some one replied... Now, waiting for refund...

Thanked by 1netomx