Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Provider Rating
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Provider Rating

jcalebjcaleb Member
edited April 2012 in General

Do we have some provider rating in LET? like in amazon or android market with average stars? to help in decision making. maybe better if rating is divided per provider location and product type (kvm, ovz).

Comments

• flyfly Member
    edited April 2012

there's no point for that. in addition, ratings can be seeded by bots or providers who pay for reviews.

It's very easy to do your own research, especially with the numerous provider comparison tables out there.

In addition, each host has something that it does best, so a simple rating system would not work well.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Yea, and there was multiple cases of providers downvoting each other.

Francisco

• taiprestaipres Member
    edited April 2012

@Francisco said: Yea, and there was multiple cases of providers downvoting each other.

One way to stop that is take note of all IP's of providers on this forum who've posted as well as when they posted on LEB and prevent them from down voting. Also it's typically easy to separate residential IP's from company IP's so they could put that in place. The could block Tor like I do for ratings on my site, and public proxies, as well as pay attention as to how they vote. That doesn't block providers from voting at home entirely but it'd definitely drop some/most of the abuse. Simply laying down the rule, if you're a provider you're not allowed to down vote a competitor would be effective to as most providers here seem very professional and honest.

• typically easy to separate residential IP's from company IP's so they could put that in place

I browse LET from my VPN. :(

• @cedric said: I browse LET from my VPN. :(

^

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@taipres said: @Francisco said: Yea, and there was multiple cases of providers downvoting each other.

The providers admitted to it and claimed it was 'to test the system', but the votes still counted in the final tallies :P The last votes required the user having an account on here as well as a few upvotes to stop mass vote ups.

Francisco

• It's pretty easy to verify legit reviews. Reviewers could just submit the domain they have hosted with the provider (must have public whois). Then before the review is published, the site owner verifies the domain. Not hard.

• @subigo could, but this is not WHT :)

• if that is difficult... what is the best way for newcomers to look for good providers with available stock? just hard earned research work?

• dnomdnom Member

@subigo I think lot's of people won't be comfortable with that. A better verification would be a simple .txt file containing "Hello LEB/LET!" or something.

And...

@rds100 said: this is not WHT :)

I also think that this is quite far from happening. We can't even have the old poll back.

• @jcaleb
    While I'm rating providers for myself, I don't publish the results. It's better to read the comments on LET/LEB, even if they don't always match my own experience.
    OTOH, you can check my VPS chart. It is still a work in progress but the values are all real.

• jcalebjcaleb Member
    edited April 2012

@hostingwizard_net nice man! thanks for sharing