Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sales / marketing job @ BHost - £30,000-35,000 OTE
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Sales / marketing job @ BHost - £30,000-35,000 OTE

BHostBHost Member
edited March 2014 in General

We are currently trying to recruit a sales and marketing manager to drive sales and grow our customer base. We are a UK based VPS and Cloud supplier.

This role is based in London. Further details and information on how to apply can be found at https://www.bhost.net/jobs

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards

Nick @ BHost

Comments

• Why limiting your choices to 1 city only?

• @K2Bytes said:
    Why limiting your choices to 1 city only?

Because it's an onsite job

• @K2Bytes said:
    Why limiting your choices to 1 city only?

Not really limiting, I presume you would be working at their office so need to be in the surrounding area at least to be able to commute everyday.

• Wow, seems like a lot of companies are actively hiring people for their sales and marketing team here on LEB lately. Sounds fun.

• BruceBruce Member

£30K, so that'd be a junior sales manager

• BHostBHost Member

This is a role in our SW London office, remote working is not possible I'm afraid. The reason being extensive collaboration is required with other staff and doing it in person is better!

• @Bruce said:
    £30K, so that'd be a junior sales manager

it may be - but the salary expectation has been posted so there are no surprises. it will interest some it wont interest others. i always advertise a salary or salary range when hiring.

• 30k for a marketing manager, i would be expecting 50+

• TarZZ92 said: 30k for a marketing manager, i would be expecting 50+

It's pounds though. 30k pounds is around 50k usd.

• concerto49 said: It's pounds though. 30k pounds is around 50k usd.

yes i know :) i live in UK too, 30K still appears a bit low.

• TarZZ92 said: yes i know :) i live in UK too, 30K still appears a bit low.

Maybe you're taking the term manager different lol. It's abused these days. I see account executive, sales manager, support engineer and all those words pasted into every job role.

• BHostBHost Member

At this salary range we'd understand we'd be looking at someone in the early stages of their career, this is likely a 2nd job.

By manager we mean this role will be managing sales and marketing efforts, there is no people management as there is no team to manage (we are a small business).

We're excited to be taking on someone who will be dedicated full time to sales and marketing activity.

• BHostBHost Member

PS looking at http://jobs.theguardian.com/jobs/marketing-and-pr/ it looks like we're in about the right range. I'd be willing to go up to £35k for the right person.

• Also you have to factor in taxes, which I believe is around 30%

0% on the first 10K or so, ~28% on the rest.

£30-35K is OK money for a fresh role requiring little experience. Someone young and willing to learn perhaps.

I'm sure most LET'ers wouldn't get out of bed for less than £80k, though... given the time commitment of checking network and drive throughput.

• ricardo said: I'm sure most LET'ers wouldn't get out of bed for less than £8k, though... given the time commitment of checking network and drive throughput.

I think you added an extra 0. Fixed.

• BHostBHost Member

£8k per hour, naturally.

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • The role seems reasonably well paid. 30-35k is a decent salary for what is essentially a junior role.

• BruceBruce Member

as I said first up. junior sales manager.

• MrXMrX Member

LowEndSalesManager, no more than $7 per... Month?

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@MrX for 2 Minutes per Day sure.

• £30k OTE, its nothing. You need to put another £50k base on that if you want anyone useful. You could try the job centre to find someone but by the time you've been taxed, you'll get more on the dole.

Never mind cost of season ticket, I pay Southern £400/month (£4800 a year) just to get to work.

Thanked by 1TarZZ92