Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warning about Swiftway storage plans grace period.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Warning about Swiftway storage plans grace period.

Swiftway do not offer any grace period on their storage plans. If you credit runs out it will be gone immediately. So if you credit gets low better update it or set a regular payment cycle on it.

I just had over 700Gb of stored date deleted and I am contacting tech support to see if it can be recovered in any way

Comments

• They should have some form of a grace period. I could understand as soon as the credit run out you suspend but deleting data is very rough :{

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited March 2014

In all fairness, it should be mentioned that they send out notifications that it's needed to fill wallet otherwise product will expire atleast week before this actually happens.

Dear Client

YOUR SWIFTWAYCLOUD BALANCE IS:
    $0.50

COST OF INSTANCES PER HOUR:

YOUR SERVICES AT THIS MOMENT WILL BE ACTIVE TO:
    Dec. 1, 2013, 8 a.m.

If you would like continue please update your wallet beforeDec. 1, 2013, 8 a.m..
    CLICK TO RECHARGE YOUR WALLET
    with best regards
    SwiftwayCloud 

In my opinion potential data deletion grace period isn't something what should be taken for granted, but at discretion of a host.