Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best managed provider!?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best managed provider!?

Hello all,

I wanted to ask this on WHT, but I'd get better response here I guess.

So I want to switch to a managed VPS as I don't know how to manage it and doing some research. I want to use SSD + litespeed.

I come across two companies (Knownhost - 2GB for $60 and Wiredtree 2 GB for $67) and Litespeed/Cpanel are included.

I have a wordpress website. I have like 2000 to 4000 visitors a day and sometimes 100+ concurrent users are online at the same time (it happens twice a week after a weekly event).

So Will 2GB of ram be enough for me? and which company is the best?

Thank you very much for your help!

Comments

• IshaqIshaq Member

2GB should be fine for your needs. I would go with KnownHost over WiredTree.

However after the server is setup I don't know why you'd want to pay $60 per month for a managed service.

• I have heard lots of good things about Linode and WiredTree. They are a bit pricey however. I personally have never used them.

• KnownHost, WiredTree & LiquidWeb are the most popular ones with tons of good reviews. BigScoots & tmzVPS are also fine from what I have heard from several people.

• I saw wiredtree support wordcamp on twitter, so if you are using wordpress, wiredtree would be good, I have checked sites moved from namecheap to wiredtree, no problem so far.

I have client using knownhost, memory usage is high until been optimized (caused by plugin). Now his website is OK.

Offtopic, I'm using linode for my clients too, they never contact me until been hacked, the site was up and running for 287 days.
    So if you could handle VPS, there is no need to buy managed ones.

If you have only wordpress sites to host and worry about the performance, there are lots of wordpress hosting now, Godaddy, MediaTemple for example. If you have ample budget, managed wordpress hosting might bring you more benefit, wpoven, wpengine etc
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=managed+wordpress+hosting

Could PM me too, most of my clients is using wordpress, would be glad to choose one from LEB and optimize it.

• I have used KnownHost.com for around 2 years now, and they are excellent. Have you searched WHT for some coupons, or are the $60 including some kind of coupon?
    Still, they are a great company, not quite a LET/LEB host.. :D

• Wiredtree or stormondemand.com (a liquidweb.com company). I prefer stormondemand.com. :)

• charliecharlie Member, Host Rep

We have several WordPress based website with 3-500 concurrent visitors, in a VPS with 512 MB RAM (nginx+php-fpm)