Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This is why I love Crissic :)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

This is why I love Crissic :)

ironhideironhide Member
edited March 2014 in Reviews

Been using crissic for almost 7 months by now and @SkylarM is doing a fantastic job. My 512MB Box had only a few hiccups during this time. Beside that uptime and service, I love crissic for another reason - damn good support. The machine went down today (happened after 2 months) few minutes ago. I immediately opened a support ticket and the first reply came in 3 Minutes !!!

I was feeling good, very good. And all subsequent 4 questions were replied in 2-3 minutes max, and Skylar has explained what happened because of a sudden spike from a neighbouring VPS.

And the machine is back online in another few minutes :)

For those who says quality+support comes for a price, this little machine costs only $2/mo (or $15/yr) and no - @SkylarM didn't show me the door or didn't tell me "You get what you pay for" and treated how actually a client should have been treated. That's the spirit!

Best wishes for them!

Thanked by 1SkylarM

Comments

• Rob92Rob92 Member

Yep gotta say that I am loving Crissic's support team also. Depending when I open the ticket sometimes I get 1 minute responses which is just epic. Kudos to Crissic for the amazing support! Keep it up!

Thanked by 1SkylarM
  • Appreciate the review! Always awesome to hear people enjoying the service/support.

Thanked by 1ironhide
  • Service is top notch, keep it up.

Thanked by 1SkylarM
  • I am using their vps too.. :) love their support

Thanked by 1SkylarM
  • kyakykyaky Member

I've been with them for half year. They are awesome for sure.

Thanked by 1SkylarM
  • Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran
    edited March 2014

+1 For Them. Me also using. First Signed up, then requested refund, then after 5/6 Days again ordered. Satisfied :D

Thanked by 1SkylarM
  • Ben_Ben_ Member

512mb ram for 15$/year can you have the link? please

• NoermanNoerman Member
    edited March 2014

@psycholyzern said:
    I am using their vps too.. :) love their support

Same with me. My primary VPS hosted there.

Thanked by 1SkylarM
  • +1 for Crissic support.

Thanked by 1SkylarM
  • Love Crissic.. I have 2 of the 512 MB for $15/Year, and I have only opened tickets for questions about billing.

Thanked by 1SkylarM
  • Chiming in to agree with the general consensus about Crissic's great support!

Thanked by 1SkylarM
  • I've gotta say, support responses are always very fast. It's a comforting thought that support is present.

Thanked by 2SkylarM ironhide
  • They really have the fastest (useful) support I experienced so far. They would be one of my favourite providers if they had servers in Europe.

• @tr1cky said:
    They really have the fastest (useful) support I experienced so far. They would be one of my favourite providers if they had servers in Europe.

We're currently working on our KVM line in Jacksonville (coming online this week!) and then plan to start working on an expansion plan. Immediate goal is a second location somewhere in North America, but haven't decided yet. Europe likely won't happen unfortunately.

• Rob92Rob92 Member

Chicago? :D (My guess would be that it is too expensive)

• SkylarMSkylarM Member
    edited March 2014

@Rob92 said:
    Chicago? :D (My guess would be that it is too expensive)

Nothing really set in stone yet. We've looked at a few options, but we're still a ways out before we do a push for more locations. I like the idea of staying out of the generic locations that everyone offers out of. You're looking summer ish at the absolute earliest for expansion plans though.

• Go for Europe :P

• edited March 2014

@SkylarM said:
    Nothing really set in stone yet. We've looked at a few options, but we're still a ways out before we do a push for more locations. I like the idea of staying out of the generic locations that everyone offers out of. You're looking summer ish at the absolute earliest for expansion plans though.

Nongeneric locations:

North/South dakota

Tennessee

Montana

Idaho

Washington

Thanked by 2SkylarM TheHackBox
  • SkylarM said: Europe likely won't happen unfortunately.

Why not? The US has a pretty saturated market. Europe not that much.

• SkylarMSkylarM Member
    edited March 2014

@mpkossen said:
    Why not? The US has a pretty saturated market. Europe not that much.

Dealing with IPs in Europe primarily. We may consider it in the future, but NA is easier to deal with IP wise via ARIN than it is to try and get a RIPE allocation.

I do agree that Europe is less saturated when it comes to the low end segment, so if we can get a decent deal setup then it might be possible.

Other things to consider is we own our hardware in JAX, I'd like to keep it that way if possible. Logistics behind owned hardware in Europe may give me a headache.

• BradBrad Member
    edited March 2014

I've always wanted to try out Crissic, maybe I will. $15 a year for all those specs is just unbeatable.

• I haven't tried their vps line but my experience with their reseller support wasn't good so I canceled and got a full refund. Their support was fast though.

• @PandoGulf said:
    I haven't tried their vps line but my experience with their reseller support wasn't good so I canceled and got a full refund. Their support was fast though.

We've done some improvements to our shared/reseller area. Still isn't a huge focus for our company, but should be much better than it was :)

Thanked by 1TheHackBox
  • SkylarM said: We've done some improvements to our shared/reseller area. Still isn't a huge focus for our company, but should be much better than it was :)

I will give your reseller another try :)

• mpkossen said: Why not? The US has a pretty saturated market.

Not that saturated with good providers....

Go Skylar. I'm a happy customer and a big supporter.

Thanked by 1SkylarM
  • I've got one of the 512MB specials from January, been happy with mine as well :-).

Thanked by 1SkylarM
  • FrankZFrankZ Veteran

Feeling a bit left out here :(

I 've had a vps with Crissic since October and have never needed to contact support :D

+1 happy customer

Thanked by 1SkylarM
  • one of a happy customer. need another vps to run my little shared hosting :)

• I love crissic too, i have their1 gigs openVZ plan.. Really good provider

• @SkylarM is a great guy :)