Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A question about VPN
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

A question about VPN

WorldWorld Veteran

Good morning,

I have one question.Usually,VPN service provider would written in the TOS,like DON'T DOWNLOAD ILLEGAL MP3 FILES..etc.

But how to they know if i downloaded a illegal MP3 file?Because i use encrypted VPN.

Maybe they could find the connect log and bet it's me to downloaded this illegal MP3 file?

Thank you.

Comments

• This encryption is of the connection between your device and the server, however, data must be decrpted on the vpn server. If you're downloading through unencrpted protocol like http, thoerically they can find you.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Just read the header of the packages.

• I don't think your provider actually read your log. They just don't want to get DCMA complain when you use one of those P2P software to download illegal stuff.

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

For example.

If one of our customers download illegal files and our datacenter receives a DCMA complaint, they foward it to us. Subsequently, we validate with the customer what happens.

The only monitoring that is done is DDOS attacks or NTP for example. Apart from it, we trust the customer.

Hope it's help you :)