Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I'm Sorry, Dave. I bought an SSD node and sold all the VPS for £1! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I'm Sorry, Dave. I bought an SSD node and sold all the VPS for £1!

Comments

• seansean Member

@Freelancenerds said:
    Can you upload some other centos OS images?

I hadn't realised how much our OpenVZ templates were neglected as we have been concentrating on Xen and KVM. OpenVZ needs some love so I will update our templates in the next week and hopefully add some of the other features available for our Xen and KVM products such as CPU and Disk I/O graphs (if easily possible).

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Yeah, tun is working now! :D

No, I just need iptables and I'm done :D

• seansean Member

@instatech said:
    Your Threads reminds of me of cartoon Tom and Jerry.But it is yet to know which one of you is TOM and which one is Jerry.

I think Dave is Mammy Two Shoes.

• edited March 2014

@sean said:
    I hadn't realised how much our OpenVZ templates were neglected as we have been concentrating on Xen and KVM. OpenVZ needs some love so I will update our templates in the next week and hopefully add some of the other features available for our Xen and KVM products such as CPU and Disk I/O graphs (if easily possible).

I don't want to be rude but it only takes a short while to upload the handful of images you do have. Also Installing tables or yum update is not fixing the IP tables issues. I wont comment anymore, only did in the first place because you don't answer tickets.

• seansean Member

Freelancenerds said: I don't want to be rude but it only takes a short while to upload the handful of images you do have. Also Installing tables or yum update is not fixing the IP tables issues. I wont comment anymore, only did in the first place because you don't answer tickets.

Hm? It takes significantly longer than a 'short while' as we have to create and test all of the OS images ourselves plus make some tweaks to our code at the backend if necessary. If you're that bothered about it, we have our KVM product which allows you to install your own OS.

By iptables issues I assume you mean NAT/conntrack? I mentioned this is not currently supported in the original post, though it should be available soon.

I have not seen any tickets from you. Can you provide ticket IDs please?

• Gaise I'm srs

I can't find an utility bill since we just bought a house...

• Simply great marketing :-)

• DaveDave Member

42TB!!

• DaveDave Member

@duckeeyuck said:
    Gaise I'm srs

I can't find an utility bill since we just bought a house...

Can you email us at support@openitc please? It's not always easy to work out people's accounts from their LEB usernames (having said that, your account email address is probably [email protected])

Let's discuss.

I just need iptables / Nat to work :(

• "Based on your particulars, your order has been flagged for manual review by a member of staff. Once approved, an invoice will be raised and sent out by email."

UHUHUHU Can't Wait!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D thanks a lot for the offer! I hope I can take it. I'll just use it for hosting some web-sites (including mine) to sell mobile apps .. maybe some json but I may use a different vps for that so I can keep this one for the web-sites only :)

• WHAT no cc payment? I thought I saw the creditcards icons at the bottom. Damn this starts bad.. Is there any way to pay using my international credit card from Argentina?.
    =/

• Dave said: having said that, your account email address is probably [email protected]

nup

But sure

any updates of nat?

• Steve81Steve81 Member
    edited March 2014

@sean: Location?

• seansean Member

@Steve81, these are at RapidSwitch, Maidenhead in the UK :)

Thanked by 1Steve81

@sean said:
    Steve81, these are at RapidSwitch, Maidenhead in the UK :)

@Sean, any updates on the NAT?

• seansean Member

netomx said: @Sean, any updates on the NAT?

No, I'll be updating the templates first and then working on this.

@sean said:
    No, I'll be updating the templates first and then working on this.

:(

• @sean: TOS? AUP?

@sean any updates? I want it only for VPN

• Dave said: Can you email us at support@openitc please? It's not always easy to work out people's accounts from their LEB usernames (having said that, your account email address is probably [email protected])

Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.

support@openitc.com:
    Remote host said: 550 5.2.0 No such mailbox [RCPT_TO]

• @duckeeyuck said:

.co.uk

• seansean Member

Steve81 said: @sean: TOS? AUP?

They're on our website at http://www.openitc.co.uk/tos.php?tos=vps

• seansean Member

I created Debian 7 images last night. I'll be working on the NAT thing soon.

Thanked by 2gattytto netomx
  • Debian 7 one works nice so far :D also ssh over ipv6 works too! next is openvpn
    I must say ssh'ing over ipv6 improved the speed.

so much fun!

sorry to bug you, but @sean do you have an ETA for the NAT? Thanks!

• @sean said:
    They're on our website at http://www.openitc.co.uk/tos.php?tos=vps

3.5 - In event that an IP address in your account is blacklisted, a fee of £150 will be charged for removal from that blacklist.

IMHO this rule isn't really fair. If the whole block is blacklisted, should I pay? Also, which blacklist you consider? There are a lot of blacklists on the internet and someone are a fraud.

Also a blacklist is out of user control, so a rule like "No spam or £150 fee" is surely better than this rule (as spam is an active action by the user).

@sean updates?

• seansean Member

Steve81 said: 3.5 - In event that an IP address in your account is blacklisted, a fee of £150 will be charged for removal from that blacklist.

IMHO this rule isn't really fair. If the whole block is blacklisted, should I pay? Also, which blacklist you consider? There are a lot of blacklists on the internet and someone are a fraud.

Also a blacklist is out of user control, so a rule like "No spam or £150 fee" is surely better than this rule (as spam is an active action by the user).

Looks harsh, but I don't believe we've ever had to enforce it. It was only added after we had real problems with Hotmail that took us months to resolve, all because of a single bad IP address.

It was intended as a "No spam or £150 fee" but I can see it reads a lot worse. Of course you won't get charged if someone else on the block causes it.