Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best email providers to send bulk registration emails
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best email providers to send bulk registration emails

khavkhav Member

Currently i use msmtp to send ssh login alerts to my gmail account.As far as i know using gmail as a relay is subjected to x amount of emails per day.Suppose that i want to start a forum soon , what would be most cost effective yet reliable way to be able to send bulk emails

I am thinking of google apps or maybe setup postfix+dovecot+squirrelmail on my server(but it would be PITA)

I need the emails to reach the inbox though not spam folder:P

What are my options guys

Comments

• wychwych Member

Use Mandrill - if its genuine mail.

But Gmail is 500 per 24hours, so depending on how big the forum gets you should get some leway on there before having to move.

Thanked by 1Scion
  • khavkhav Member

@wych said:
    Use Mandrill - if its genuine mail.

But Gmail is 500 per 24hours, so depending on how big the forum gets you should get some leway on there before having to move.

@wych
    Ty for the information
    12k emails FREE per month is really generous:)

• wychwych Member

@khav said:
    12k emails FREE per month is really generous:)

Head up - It drops fast if you send Junk and/or have high bounce rates.

Otherwise, yeah its awesome! Upto 700/hr or 12,000/m with Excellent Reputation!

• khavkhav Member

@wych
    Sending junk is not my style...Even my ssh login alert email template is customize and happily lands in my gmail inbox

• wychwych Member

@khav said:
    wych
    Sending junk is not my style...Even my ssh login alert email template is customize and happily lands in my gmail inbox

Good to hear! Think I just know too many spammers from being in IM.

• ZEROFZEROF Member

I didn't want to open new topic, just found this services for people looking for free mail smtp provider and they need to send only 200 mails every day.

http://sendgrid.com/

• wychwych Member

SendGrid isn't bad, I found mandrill easier to work with.

• tr1ckytr1cky Member

I currently use amazon ses, they are very cheap (0,1$ for 1000 messages), they hide where the mail is originally coming from and they are very reliable. However you need to achieve a low bounce rate, else you could be suspended.
    After account creation you can request production access, which let's you send 10,000 mails/day and 5 mails/sec, but you can later ask them to increase your limits.

• ZEROFZEROF Member

Thank you for sharing this information, some of ours clients send 2000-7000 mails every day, i will propose your solution to our administration.

tr1cky said: I currently use amazon ses, they are very cheap (0,1$ for 1000 messages), they hide where the mail is originally coming from and they are very reliable. However you need to achieve a low bounce rate, else you could be suspended. After account creation you can request production access, which let's you send 10,000 mails/day and 5 mails/sec, but you can later ask them to increase your limits.

• Big fan of Sendgrid. Found it very easy to use.

• DylanDylan Member
    edited July 2014

SendGrid is the definite market leader and generally considered the best, but they are relatively pricey. Amazon SES is a bargain, but as with all AWS services can be a mega bitch to use. Mandrill slots somewhere in between and and is what I'd recommend to most people with good (albeit not quite SES good) prices, solid support, and a very nice interface.

• NavynNavyn Member

@khav You can try our email services kindly check this "https://pnshostings.com/pns-email.html" .