Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IPv6 Tunnel?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

IPv6 Tunnel?

OneTwoOneTwo Member
edited April 2012 in General

Hello. I have a vps with an IPv6 address and an IPv4 address. (must I have a "n" before IP?)

How can from a windows machine get a tunnel to access IPv6 websites?

Comments

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep
    edited April 2012

I use http://www.tunnelbroker.com for my home network.

• Use gogo6 for a free tunnel, works wonderfully.

• I kinda want to do it with my vps :P

• Use Squid 3.1 as proxy.
    I've been using it to access IPv6 website by using BuyVM OpenVZ VPS.

• @ErawanArifNugroho ah yeah. good idea. but how can I tell firefox to only serve ipv6 through squid?

• @OneTwo this is done with dns. Generally, the Ipv6 version of a site is at a different url. Eg. ipv6.google.com

• @Jonny_Evorack did you actually understand my question?

• AldryicAldryic Member
    edited April 2012

Looks like he not only understood, but gave you a prime example of how to differentiate between v4 and v6 records.

• @OneTwo Yes I did. You didn't understand my answer. There is no such thing as "telling firefox to only use ipv6 with squid". Any differentiation between ipv4 and ipv6 is done with dns, regarding the browser level anyway.

• Actually I want when I hit a website that has an A record to see it from my internet connection. If a website has only an AAAA record or I enter an IPv6 IP to view it through squid.

• @OneTwo this can't be done nicely. The closest thing I can think of is to get an addon that you can manually add url filters to serve by proxy. E.g. ipv6.*

You have to understand, firefox and squid is unaware of ipv6 at all. This is all done is the lower levels of your os.

• edited April 2012

@OneTwo another hack would be to use openvpn instead of squid. Make your openvpn interfaces only have ipv6 addresses.

However as mentioned above, you are at the mercy of whatever dns returns.

• @OneTwo: FoxyProxy add-on plus what Jonny said (URL rules/filters)

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@OneTwo said: Hello. I have a vps with an IPv6 address and an IPv4 address. (must I have a "n" before IP?)

How can from a windows machine get a tunnel to access IPv6 websites?

This is not a IPv6 forum. hahahahahaha

Thanked by 1tux
  • @netomx said: This is not a IPv6 forum. hahahahahaha

ok?

• He's pointing out your hypocrisy.

• @Aldryic said: He's pointing out your hypocrisy.

elaborate?

• @Aldryic said: He's pointing out your hypocrisy.

Do you have a shortcut key for the words "hypocrisy" and "immature"? I would imagine it would save you quite a bit of time, since you use those words in half of your posts here.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@subigo said: Do you have a shortcut key for the words "hypocrisy" and "immature"? I would imagine it would save you quite a bit of time, since you use those words in half of your posts here.

Please don't encourage another argument, it's not needed.

@OneTwo said: elaborate?

It wasn't meant seriously hence the "hahahahahaha", lets leave it at that.

Thanked by 1NanoG6
  • I have native IPv6 VPS's in Denver complete with DNS Servers capable of handling AAAA records.

• @OneTwo said: elaborate?

I was referencing another thread in which you told a user asking advice that this was LET, not a support forum.

• @Aldryic said: I was referencing another thread in which you told a user asking advice that this was LET, not a support forum.

I'm not a hypocrite dude. But yeah, I was wrong on that.

• Fair enough.

Back on topic, I was playing with a similar idea myself sometime ago... the best theoretical I could come up would be a squid/nslookup/etc combination proxy, but I never had a chance to put it into practice.

Sadly, there's no real way to do this at your browser level, since the DNS is handled downstream (either via your ISP's resolvers, or custom ones set in your OS)

• So now you two make peace huh? Not fun anymore :-/

• OneTwoOneTwo Member
    edited April 2012

@NanoG6 said: So now you two make peace huh? Not fun anymore :-/

You like Internet drama? Get a life.

• Noo.. I like Korean drama

• @NanoG6 said: Noo.. I like Korean drama

Stop spamming?

• @NanoG6 said: Noo.. I like Korean drama

Me too

• @yomero said: Me too

Hi buddy!

• That's why the forum starts s8cking blacks.