Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LowEndPing2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LowEndPing2

Ah, the good old multi-host looking glass. But re-done with Laravel and Python.

It's simple to explain, it's a web script that lets you ping and traceroute to ip addresses and hostnames, which could be extremely useful for hosts who want to provide a multi-server looking glass from their locations.

It has two parts, the frontend and the backend python script. The python script gets installed on the servers which run the queries, and the frontend installed on a webserver with PHP 5.3+

I'm not entirely sure how secure it is/if it has any bugs, so please exercise extreme caution and report any issues you see. It uses very simple authentication, so you may wish to firewall it still. I also recommend looking into different ways to process the laravel queue (such as beanstalkd or even the queue listener that is built in), since right now it will process it right away, and it may take a long time if a lot of servers are added/some servers are down.

Example:
lowendping.nikkii.us/

Source:
https://github.com/nikkiii/lowendping

Thought I should post it here too :)

Thanked by 2Shamli emre

Comments