Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Miami KVM VPS @ Virtovo] 2GB KVM only $7/mo (Last Chance)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Miami KVM VPS @ Virtovo] 2GB KVM only $7/mo (Last Chance)

Virtovo was formed in December 2013. Virtovo is a registered business in England and Wales. Virtovo is a very young company and doesn't have a long story to tell. We are committed to writing a successful story going forward through good quality hardware and a commitment to customer service.

We currently only offer services out of Coresite, Miami. IPv6 is available in this location but IPv6 is not currently offered with these plans. We are investigating the best way to allocate /64s to customers instead of fragmented addresses which SolusVM allocates by default. We hope to have a solution to this soon

We use Blesta for our billing/support and SolusVM for our VPS control. We've made modifications to our client area to enable near full control of your VPS from within the client area (including mounting ISOs, change boot priority, VNC console access, enabling PAE etc)

Node specifications
* Dual E5-2620v2 (2.1Ghz)
* 128GB RAM
* Minimum 8 Disk LSI Raid 10 Array
* Redundant 1Gbps uplinks at the node level

Please find the below benchmark shared by of our clients:

CPU model :  QEMU Virtual CPU version (cpu64-rhel6)
Number of cores : 6
CPU frequency :  2099.998 MHz
Total amount of ram : 2016 MB
Total amount of swap : 0 MB
System uptime :   1 min,
Download speed from CacheFly: 45.5MB/s
Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 13.0MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 38.0MB/s
Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 9.45MB/s
Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 8.32MB/s
Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 10.5MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 6.39MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 20.6MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 18.5MB/s
Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 51.2MB/s
I/O speed :  782 MB/s

We also have a recent review here: http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/23552/virtovo-review-after-first-month

Important info
Terms of service
Acceptable use policy
Privacy policy
Public Status

Test IP/Files
mia.virtovo.com
http://mia.virtovo.com/100MB.zip
http://mia.virtovo.com/1GB.zip

We're offering a very special recurring discount offer on our 2GB KVM plan. Use code: 2GBfor7USD at checkout for the discounted pricing. This is an extremely limited offer and is only good while stock lasts.

KVMH3
2048MB RAM
6 Cores
100GB HDD
4TB Transfer
1 IPv4 Address
SolusVM
Linux or BSD variants
$7/mo | Order here

Remember, click 'Have a coupon' on the right of the order form and enter 2GBfor7USD

Comments

• @Virtovo do you provide lowend 512M ram vps?

• @ttsaon said:
    Virtovo do you provide lowend 512M ram vps?

This Promo should still be valid: http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/21066/virtovo-kvm-vps-miami-fl-512mb-3-mo-1gb-6-mo

• @Virtovo why ip address located in California Felton not Miami

• @ttsaon said:
    Virtovo why ip address located in California Felton not Miami

Test IP should actually display as Chicago on most GEO IP databases: 64.188.44.1

Our upstream has locations in both Chicago and Miami. GEO IP databases are not a good indication of server location. Services are located in Coresite Miami.

• the payment processor only paypal ..no other option like skrill or payza

• @ZeroCool said:
    the payment processor only paypal ..no other option like skrill or payza

At this time yes. Bitpay and CC/Debit card are planned for implementation in late March/early April

• VirtovoVirtovo Member
    edited March 2014

Due to demand and capacity, this offer closes at midnight on Friday (GMT). The discount is obviously recurring for anyone who signs up before then.

• any problem with your vps server? seems down

• @harrysdt said:
    any problem with your vps server? seems down

There was indeed an issue with the node. Services should be back online and an RFO sent out accordingly.

• This will be my third box with you guys. As harrysdt said my boxes went down. You had to load the OS via VNC for me ( I guess you know whom I am by now :) ).

Speeds are great. Feats I like most are the amount of cores provided, the IO and the generous amount of BW .
    Sounds odd that you can provide such service in an expensive such as Miami, but so far so good though :).

• In the process of trying to purchase my third box I get the following:

Quantity limit reached. If possible, please select a smaller quantity.

Are you limiting the amount of boxes a single user can purchase? If that's the case then it has not much sense ( everyone has friends :) ).

• I purchased one,but controlpanel seems not like the op shows.
    And still trying to monut iso.

• @inthecloudblog said:
    In the process of trying to purchase my third box I get the following:

Quantity limit reached. If possible, please select a smaller quantity.

Are you limiting the amount of boxes a single user can purchase? If that's the case then it has not much sense ( everyone has friends :) ).

The services are currently out of stock.

• @lostface said:
    I purchased one,but controlpanel seems not like the op shows.
    And still trying to monut iso.

We have SolusVM and control via the client area. If you see anything different to what is in the post, please message us via ticket.

• lostfacelostface Member
    edited March 2014

@Virtovo said:

Yes,there are the same:)

• praveenpraveen Member
    edited March 2014

yes from last two days there are issues.. with them. Again now the vps is down. Don't know what is happening with them.

• the vps just randomly down these days. I really have no idea with that....

• had a bunch of downtime lately

• Indeed we've had some downtime over the past few days which we believe has been caused by kernel issues and the RAID controller we are using. We've now switched to a 3.4.x kernel and things have now been stable for over 24 hours. We'll wait until we hit the 48 hour mark before sending out an RFO.

• VirtovoVirtovo Member
    edited March 2014

This email was recently sent to all clients regarding the downtime:

The recent weekend downtime was caused by a conflict between the kernel version installed on the node and the RAID driver which was installed. We believe this to be a regression of the issue posted here:

http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=5383

The issue caused the controller to operate in a read only mode which caused significant server load when writes were attempted. This caused the outage of the node and could only be resolved by a forced restart. We spent a significant amount of time trying to diagnose the issue, including a rollback of kernel versions. Ultimately the rollbacks did not fix the issue and there were two more periods of downtime over the weekend.

We implemented a fix on Sunday whereby we replaced the standard 2.6.x kernel with a kernel from the 3.4.x branch. As part of this we also replaced the RAID driver with a driver which we know to work well with the 3.4.x kernel. The node has now been stable for over 48 hours and we believe this issue to now finally be closed.

We understand uptime is important to people and we were amazed with the patience and understanding that clients hosted on the node showed during this frustrating time. We encourage any clients who were impacted by the downtime to open a ticket with the billing department to be credited for the inconvenience.