Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What gameservers can it handle
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What gameservers can it handle

I currently have a 128MB VPS sitting idle and Im planning to run a game server on it. But the problem. I don't know alot game servers it can handle and the current that I know I am not interested in such as Counter-Strike and SAMP and Terraria.

Please leave some suggestions what game servers a 128MB would be able to run. And if you can specify the amount of slots it will be able to handle.

Comments

• @TehEnforce - I think nothing can be ran on that. I look forward to other comments on this.

• Unreal Tournament 2004, Quake should run on that

• Call Of Duty 2 server should run without an issue.
    I've been running 16 slot server on host1free VPS for over a year now.

Total RAM usage is somewhere around 100-120 MB ram.

• BradBrad Member

This is a very simple FPS. I can sometimes run a server with 50MB of RAM. http://assault.cubers.net

• You can run SA-MP , MTA for cod2 cs1.6 cod4 you need more ram you can run it on 128mb ram but when players will join the server the server will crash

• Too bad for you, there are already enough servers for SA-MP, MTA, CoD2, CS1.6, Assault Cube, And so on.

• Wonder if you could get away with a JC2MP server on 128mb ram. I think they said the main limiting factor is network.

• I run quake 2 servers on 128mb vps with no issues.

• Thanks for the suggestions everyone! I will keep them in mind.

More suggestions are always welcome however :) My quest is not done yet.

@taronyu
    Not that it matters.

@MrObvious
    Seems like a interesting experiment. I am able to provide the server however I am not able to provide the players so that is a problem do.