Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bandwagon Host: 4 GB RAM, 30 GB Pure SSD + KiwiVM in Florida for only $7/mo
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Bandwagon Host: 4 GB RAM, 30 GB Pure SSD + KiwiVM in Florida for only $7/mo

dccdcc Member, Host Rep
edited March 2014 in Offers

We have deployed a few more nodes at our Florida location, so I thought I'd share this with you:

2 Intel Xeon cores

4 GB DDR3 ECC RAM

30 GB RAID-10 SSD space

2 TB Bandwidth on GigE uplink

Platform: OpenVZ

Control panel: KiwiVM

https://bandwagonhost.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=24

Enjoy!

Comments

• Where in Florida? Got a test IP?

• ccaritaccarita Member
    edited March 2014

It seems that it is in Jacksonville, Florida: GoRack
    Here is the looking glass for this Datacenter:
    http://blg.gorack.net/

• im waiting on another germany offer from you guys! :(

• dccdcc Member, Host Rep

@NodePing said:
    Where in Florida? Got a test IP?

@ccarita is correct, It is GoRack (Jacksonville). I have sent you a test IP.

@Deeeebs said:
    im waiting on another germany offer from you guys! :(

Sorry, there will be no Germany offer for a while.

• Goin to have some more NL servers up soon? @dcc

@AutoSnipe said:
    Goin to have some more NL servers up soon? dcc

We still haven't shipped our new equipment to NL. We decided to roll out upgrades in stages (Florida was first location to receive them). Then we want to take care of Arizona as we are at near-full capacity there.

Since AZ is much more popular than NL, it seems like NL will be the last one to get the new hardware. If I absolutely had to make a guess, I'd say 2-3 months before we can take new orders at NL (it is a bit "optimistic" though).

• i have micro server with bandwagon host (128mb), for running my ghost blog. so stable and fast, and i love kiwiVM.. Great server provider!

• what is the host node configuration?

edited March 2014

@wcypierre said:
    what is the host node configuration?

2x Intel Xeon X5650 CPUs

144 or 192 GB DDR3 ECC RAM

4 or 6 or 8 SSD drives (depending on the node) in RAID-10

• @dcc

still no bouncers allowed ?

@darkshire said:
    dcc

still no bouncers allowed ?

Yes, sorry.

• I see "no support" , meaning if it's down I can ask no one to help?

@harrysdt said:
    I see "no support" , meaning if it's down I can ask no one to help?

It actually means "we won't help if you want us configure your apache" :)

• OK, but I really want to know how long do I have to wait when I submitted a ticket? I encountered some host that response after a day which is frustrated

@harrysdt said:
    OK, but I really want to know how long do I have to wait when I submitted a ticket? I encountered some host that response after a day which is frustrated

We become aware of any issues with the hardware or network within 2-3 minutes, which means we fix most issues before our customers even notice them. Since 2004 I remember maybe 3 or 4 tickets in total that notified us of an issue we weren't already aware of. Every time this happened, we improved our failure detection setup to make sure we can detect these issues. This does not mean it cannot happen in the future, but the probability is very low.

Average time it takes us to resolve an issue on our side is 10-40 minutes.

Having said that, we answer tickets 10AM-6PM EST (within 2-3 hours, and most tickets are handled in 10-20 minutes), unless there is an issue with our service (then it is 24/7 with near-instant replies).

• ok, i will try your service , let's see if that's cool or not. Hope to have no problem. I am really frustrated with previous host's attitude on solving problems

• there was a DDoS attack on the network and I submitted a ticket. The response is very fast and the problem is solved quickly. I really appreciate that. Hope to keep that support level in the future!

• yea i felt that one too. happened few days ago all night right?

edited March 2015

@bashed said:
    yea i felt that one too. happened few days ago all night right?

The last response was made almost a year ago. We did not have any network issues in quite a long time.

• march 1st. some kind of udp attack.really raped my vps supposedly someone said it hit the entire network? Because 2 other hosts were blasted too. but yea prior to there has been no issues, and florida is one of those states where you have no worries... Just keep it updated and you will be trouble free.

@bashed said:
    march 1st. some kind of udp attack.really raped my vps supposedly someone said it hit the entire network? Because 2 other hosts were blasted too. but yea prior to there has been no issues, and florida is one of those states where you have no worries... Just keep it updated and you will be trouble free.

I just had a quick look at our network graphs for March 1 (also +/- 24 hours) and I cannot see any spikes or anything that would look like a DoS or flood... I have checked all locations including Florida. Can you post your VPS ID? (can be found on the main page of the KiwiVM panel - it is not "secret" info).