Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicated server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicated server

TabinhuTabinhu Member

I just bought a dedi server for running my runescape bots.
Im sick of having a vps.

How do I set it up so I can see it via vnc or something similar?
Is it the same as setting a vps up?

Would I be able to do this: http://www.powerbot.org/community/topic/374131-centos-the-ultimate-vps-guide-setupguibots/

Comments

• There is no one that is going to be providing you a server for this; It's against like 99% of host's ToSes as it goes against the rules of the game and can get them in trouble.

• @Void_Whisperer said:
    There is no one that is going to be providing you a server for this; It's against like 99% of host's ToSes as it goes against the rules of the game and can get them in trouble.

He's already got it.

@Tabinhu said: I just bought a dedi server

• @rmlhhd said:

Tabinhu said: I just bought a dedi server

How the hell he managed to find a provider that will allow that I will never know.

• udkudk Member

@Void_Whisperer why would it be against a provider's TOS to cheat on a game? the worst that can happen is their IPs gets blocked from further cheating, last I checked it's not illegal

• @udk said:
    Void_Whisperer why would it be against a provider's TOS to cheat on a game? the worst that can happen is their IPs gets blocked from further cheating, last I checked it's not illegal

You'd be suprised. The company that runs Runescape has taken bot makers and gold farmers to court before. I just remember seeing it in a few company's ToS that you can't do this on their servers.

• Can i just get a straight answer?

• rds100rds100 Member
    edited March 2014

Any mathematician could tell you - make a VPS on the dedi, this would reduce the problem to a known one ;-)

Or google for NX client / server.

• But my question is..
    I chose centos as the OS
    But i just want to see it has i would with a vnc or teamviewer.

How can i do that?

• NX is like VNC, but more efficient / faster. Google it. https://www.nomachine.com/

• Thank you sir.
    I have requested a cancelation at my provider if that is illegal, as it hasnt yet been delivered.
    But in his TOS it doesnt reffer to anything like that

• It's not illegal to bot. It's so hard for a company to hold up a TOS agreement agents you. For example, if you didn't create your account, and were given access... then when did you agree?

Also screw Runescape, bot it up. If your using a VPS and you haven't paid for membership it's going to be hard for them to prove your even the owner.

• @Tabinhu said:
    Thank you sir.
    I have requested a cancelation at my provider if that is illegal, as it hasnt yet been delivered.
    But in his TOS it doesnt reffer to anything like that

The botting itself isn't necessarily illegal.. It's gold farming and RWT. I'm not sure what you are doing towards that.

• Uhhh... Probably ...