Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hide video from DownloadHelper. - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hide video from DownloadHelper.

2»

Comments

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Another is to run it all through a .php file, where the .php file is what does the actual streaming.

You can then do whatever checks you like.

Francisco

• @Francisco said: Another is to run it all through a .php file, where the .php file is what does the actual streaming.

more information?

@OneTwo said: more information?

Well, let me just confirm, this download helper searches for URL's to leech and then it allows them to leech I guess?

Have you checked if it uses an obvious user-agent? If it isn't forging you can likely catch it that way.

Francisco

• @Francisco said: Well, let me just confirm, this download helper searches for URL's to leech and then it allows them to leech I guess?

It's a little more sophisticated than that...

• @Francisco how can I stream by php?

@OneTwo said: @Francisco how can I stream by php?

I'm just trying to think of the best way to handle it. lighttpd has mod_secdownload, but the user is still given a full URL that they have however many seconds to start a leech of.

Francisco

• @Roph said: You'd have better luck "protecting" your stream by not serving a static file but a stream over something like RTSP.

+1

This is where DownloadHelper, as a Mozilla extension, reaches its limits: media using a transport protocol other than HTTP cannot be captured.

But I think @OneTwo has his heart set on something PHP...

• @quirkyquark said: But I think @OneTwo has his heart set on something PHP...

rtmp can be captured with rtmpdump. what else can I use?

• @OneTwo said: rtmp can be captured with rtmpdump.

@OneTwo said: 99% of the viewers are newbies so who cares......

How many newbies are going to be using rtmpdump?

• @quirkyquark how many newbies are going to look on http headers or browser cache?

• combining the two ways it will be even harder.

• @OneTwo said: how many newbies are going to look on http headers or browser cache?

So who exactly do you want to block...I'm confused. You told @debug that you didn't care about redirects...???

• @quirkyquark said: So who exactly do you want to block...I'm confused. You told @debug that you didn't care about redirects...???

i'm confused on what you're confused.

• Can't you do something similar to what them download counters do where they push the file via PHP but dont actually give out the download link.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

I did a rapidshare downloader once...
    all it had was a editbox and a button, users pasted the url to the file in the editbox and clicked the button. PHP then got the correct url as a premium user and streamed it to the user.

I think thats something inline with what you want to do.
    I'll see if I can find the code and put it on github or something... if I find it.

• komokomo Member

this sounds like "how do I hide my Javascript/HTML"? or like disabling right mouse click to disallow saving pictures etc ;-).

Thanked by 1gsrdgrdghd
  • @komo said: this sounds like "how do I hide my Javascript/HTML"? or like disabling right mouse click to disallow saving pictures etc ;-).

not really.