Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My Inception Hosting Review
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

My Inception Hosting Review

Wira_SoenaryoWira_Soenaryo Member
edited April 2012 in Reviews

Hello,

Currently I'm hosting my phpBB site on IH US Server..
I'm very satisfy with the server performance and support provided by Anthony.. :)
I would like to share one of my case on IH.

Because I used the VPS to host phpBB site, seems that the site used pretty lot of the disk i/o resource and Anthony send me an email in regards of this issue.... This is my first impression, not like other hosting that directly suspend the vps, Anthony give me an oportunity to fix this issue.

Even this is an unmanaged service, Anthony give me a lot of help and suggestion. He even logged in to my vps to have a look the core issue which was the unoptimzed MySQL setting. Another impression is at first, I'm using 512MB RAM and Anthony give me FREE upgrade become 1GB for temporary to test out the new optimzed setting of MySQL.. Wow... never have a provider give this lot of effort on it's client.. Next, he give me a suggestion and reference how to optimized nginx web server..

I would highly recommend InceptionHosting :)
Thanks Anthony...

Comments

• Great review.

PM me your forum link?

• they sure need a new website design. it's terrible.

• @DotVPS said: The support makes up for that.

Sure, a provider can have an awesome website but it can suck. Web design don't say much, but it would be cool if they had a semi-decent website.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Thanks for the review.

Regarding the website, I agree it is horrible, long over due a redesign, the problem I have had is finding a decent designer.

Web design is not my strong point, the site was put up to bootstrap the company so to speak but I have had many concepts done in the recent months and none of them were to my taste, if its going to get re done I want it done 100% rather than getting it done again in 3 months.

If anyone had any suggestions or leads for a good designer or if anyone in the community is able to offer services there is money on the table for the work.

Thanked by 2TheHackBox camarg
  • just make a simple design on photoshop or gimp, slice it and use it. keep it simple and nice. you're probably loosing customers because of your website which looks pretty bad.

• I would give InceptionHosting.com a shot if they didn't use the over-populated Wordpress Hosting theme.

• @Jeffrey said: I would give InceptionHosting.com a shot if they didn't use the over-populated Wordpress Hosting theme.

that's not a good reason to not try a host. inception hosting may be great, even they have a terrible template.

• @AnthonySmith said: If anyone had any suggestions or leads for a good designer or if anyone in the community is able to offer services there is money on the table for the work.

The guy that did my website I paid $100. http://pytohost.com/ If your interested I can try and get you in with him

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited April 2012

It's not that terrible bad site - I get all needed informations here :) Beside that many popular hosts have REALLY bad looking web pages and yet we like them. With or without site this hosting company is on a good way... I believe. Just look at their reviews. Anthony really care for his business.

@Jeffrey said: I would give InceptionHosting.com a shot if they didn't use the over-populated Wordpress Hosting theme.

Strange deciding factor :) I gave them shot after I saw so many good reviews and I didn't regret so far.

Thanked by 1TheHackBox
  • @PytoHost said: The guy that did my website I paid $100. http://pytohost.com/ If your interested I can try and get you in with him

But your website looks like a generic template one :/

• @PytoHost good design but the font isn't the bestest.

@AnthonySmith go to a freelance designers site and try to get a good designer in a low price.

• Well, Let me rephrase that.. I've never thought about giving them a shot because their website doesn't stand out, A LOT of hosting sites use that template.

• @Jeffrey ah i see. same here, but after searching about this company they seem fine ;)

• @Jeffrey I understand. Luckily some of us have different preferences :)

Price/packages? Suitable. Location/DC? Interesting for me. Company? Registered with all relevant informations at site. Reviews? Very positive.

That was my deciding factors (in random order). After then I experienced also their tech responsiveness and service. Nothing bad to say about. And this is it. Even if they put on few notepad lines now... who cares. They give me what I paid for and this is it.

• And please, make the design just simple and clean like edis, linode, securedragon..

• laaevlaaev Member
    edited April 2012

@PytoHost said: The guy that did my website I paid $100. http://pytohost.com/ If your interested I can try and get you in with him

Your logo is a conflict with ErrantWeb.

While I understand both may be a stock image available for anyone to download, I see the same avatar boy on errantweb.com and your site, one of you should remove it to avoid conflicts.

• @FTN_Kevin said: Your logo is a conflict with ErrantWeb.

While I understand both may be a stock image available for anyone to download, I see the same avatar boy on errantweb.com and your site, one of you should remove it to avoid conflicts.

Ehh I don't really see an issue at all.

• @PytoHost said: Ehh I don't really see an issue at all.

Me neither.

• @FTN_Kevin said: the same avatar boy

It bugs me. What's with the big-spectacled nerd and VPS providers? Has more of a "tech support" feel to me.

As for @AnthonySmith's website, echo what @Spirit said: it may not be the best layout, but it does have all the needed info. If I want something that's quality and LEB-priced, I'm prepared to overlook it.

• @FTN_Kevin said: Your logo is a conflict with ErrantWeb.

Here it is!

I've seen it on plenty of hosting websites before. You'd have to persuade a load of people to remove it :P

• @ElliotJ said: Here it is!

I've seen it on plenty of hosting websites before. You'd have to persuade a load of people to remove it :P

Wow!

And here I was thinking ErrantWeb had their own unique logo.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited April 2012

they sure need a new website design. it's terrible.

Never noticed at all.
    In fact specifically went to http://inceptionhosting.com/ right now to check what's so horrible about it, but nothing, it's an ok design in my opinion, not too flashy or web2.0ish, but it has its own tone and style, there are no elements that would look out of place, everything fits together nicely.

• TheHackBoxTheHackBox Member
    edited April 2012

I must say I really like Inception Hosting.
    First I will probably start with disk stats:

16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 10.2881 s, 104 MB/s

CPU Stats:

processor       : 7
    vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
    cpu family      : 6
    model           : 26
    model name      : Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU         950  @ 3.07GHz
    stepping        : 5
    cpu MHz         : 3066.768
    cache size      : 8192 KB
    fdiv_bug        : no
    hlt_bug         : no
    f00f_bug        : no
    coma_bug        : no
    fpu             : yes
    fpu_exception   : yes
    cpuid level     : 11
    wp              : yes
    flags           : fpu de tsc msr pae cx8 sep cmov pat clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht nx constant_tsc aperfmperf pni ssse3 sse4_1 sse4_2 popcnt hypervisor ida
    bogomips        : 6133.53
    clflush size    : 64
    cache_alignment : 64
    address sizes   : 36 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
    power management:

Download Speed:

2012-04-21 19:26:20 (58.5 MB/s) - `100mb.test' saved [104857600/104857600]

IOPing Stats:

4096 bytes from . (ext3 /dev/xvda1): request=1 time=0.6 ms
    4096 bytes from . (ext3 /dev/xvda1): request=2 time=0.3 ms
    4096 bytes from . (ext3 /dev/xvda1): request=3 time=9.7 ms
    4096 bytes from . (ext3 /dev/xvda1): request=4 time=19.1 ms
    4096 bytes from . (ext3 /dev/xvda1): request=5 time=0.2 ms

One of the best things that Inception provides is support. Anthony is on IRC all the time also he answers tickets in a very timely fashion. He is also very knowledge about Xen which is always helpful. I highly recommend Inception Hosting.

(BTW these stats are from an Inception node in the Netherlands also the new nodes have Xeon E3120s instead of the i7s)