Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

$2 512 MiB SSD-Cached OpenVZ VPSs in Dallas | 50% OFF! | Not Colocrossing
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

$2 512 MiB SSD-Cached OpenVZ VPSs in Dallas | 50% OFF! | Not Colocrossing

Hi all. AzureVPS offers SSD-cached VPSs at low prices without overselling. We also aren't just another Colocrossing provider.

Normally, our VPS prices start at around $8/GiB/month, but we're currently offering up to 50% off your first invoice with us if it's monthly or quarterly billed!
Additionally, if you choose quarterly or annual billing, you'll automatically get a further discount of up to 20% recurring!

CVZ-128

• 1 Accessible E3 Core (3.3+ GHz)
  • 128/128 MiB RAM/vSwap
  • 7 GiB RAID10 SSD-Cached Space
  • 75 GiB Data at 1gbps
  • 1 IPv4 Address
  • 16 IPv6 Addresses
  • Coupon: TI5ZNUX8V8
  • $2.80 first quarter ($0.93/mo), then $4 recurring
  • Order now!

CVZ-256

• 1 Accessible E3 Core (3.3+ GHz)
  • 256/256 MiB RAM/vSwap
  • 15 GiB RAID10 SSD-Cached Space
  • 150 GiB Data at 1gbps
  • 1 IPv4 Address
  • 16 IPv6 Addresses
  • Coupon: TI5ZNUX8V8
  • $4.90 first quarter ($1.63/mo), then $7 recurring
  • Order now!

CVZ-512

• 2 Accessible E3 Cores (3.3+ GHz)
  • 512/512 MiB RAM/vSwap
  • 30 GiB RAID10 SSD-Cached Space
  • 300 GiB Data at 1gbps
  • 1 IPv4 Address
  • 16 IPv6 Addresses
  • Coupon: 1GDY5W25IM
  • $2.00 first month, then $4 recurring
  • Order now!

Coupon: 1GDY5W25IM can also be applied to larger monthly or quarterly plans for a 50% discount.

A seven day refund is offered for all new customers.

None of our RAM nor drive space will be oversold; the plans have been configured such that each's RAM and drive space are exactly double that of the previous one, and along with a proper max resource allocation limit, will prevent the overselling of those resources.

Currently the SSD only caches reads, but fortunately the majority of real world IO usage is reads. Write caching is planned. Dirty cache random read IOPs was measured to be ~25K with 4kB blocks, or ~100MB/s. CPU and network bandwidth is shared across all VPSs on the node with a fair share policy.

The AUP in a nutshell is: Nothing illegal. Nothing constantly resource intensive; Disruptive CPU or network usage will have those resources throttled respectively. IRC, game servers and adult content are allowed.

We will reply to all support tickets within 24 hours and strive to provide a pleasant experience as possible.

Network test files: 10MB | 100MB

Network test IPs: 107.155.70.194 | 2604:880:1:2::2

Comments

• edited March 2014

I'm simply curious, not trolling, but is your use of mebibytes or gibibytes abbreviations in the plans' descriptions an intentional use? I ask that because you switch to standard kilobyte and megabyte abbreviations in the latter part of the body. I've seen mebi and gibi used interchangeably with the mega and giga quite often with non-US technical people, but typically they're used more uniformly. I'll admit I'm ignorant as to what abbreviations are used in global IT markets.

• AzureVPSAzureVPS Member
    edited March 2014

Yes, the use of MiB/GiB is intentional. It's partially because we want to subtly show that we are giving the full 2^20/2^30 bytes rather than 10^6/10^9 bytes, and partially because they're the SI units for powers of two bytes. A slightly more detailed explanation can be found in our knowledgebase.

As for using MB in the second half of the post, it's because those values are explicitly powers of ten, which is again the correct SI units but this time as powers of ten.

I also admit, it's a bit confusing for people who aren't used to it and don't know what the difference between MB and MiB etc actually is, but we like to always use SI units when possible.

Unfortunately, since WHMCS and SolusVM are both closed source, we couldn't change the units they used to the proper SI units, so you'll still see MB/GB being used there. Because of that, it's ambiguous on whether they're using base ten or base two.