Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Google Drive Price Drop! - 100GB for $1.99, 1TB for $9.99 - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Google Drive Price Drop! - 100GB for $1.99, 1TB for $9.99

2»

Comments

• Also with google you get some sort of predictability. They don't change their mind every week, like Octave does sometimes.

Thanked by 2Lee Infinity
  • @DH22 said:
    If I recall correctly the worst problem was it constantly duplicating my files. I think whenever I edited anything it made copy instead of updating original file. Stuck with Dropbox and Box (50GB free). Tempting to give another try at these prices.

The same thing happened with me as well. Switched to Dropbox, but it has issues when autosave is enabled in ms office.

• such no paypal not much doge and not much nice

• @infected said:
    such no paypal not much doge and not much nice

Get a WebMoney account, or a MaskMe. You can generate OneTimeUse VALID credit cards with Doge/LiteCoin/BitCoin or PayPal back funding. OKPay is another option as well that has similar value.

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited March 2014

@marcm said:
    What kind of redundancy does Google Drive offer.

None (officially).

• marcmmarcm Member

W1V_Lee said: None (officially).

Well fok it, if they loose customer's data it's not like said customer(s) will be complaining on various forums, and even if they do, it's not like Google will give a damn.

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited March 2014

Google drive is nothing more than synchronization, it's not a backup solution. That said it's good and it has neat features that make it easy to collaborate with others. I have my google drive folder inside a Hubic folder and it also goes to S3.

• This looks interesting.
    https://www.insynchq.com/

• @GoodHosting said:
    Make sure to encrypt everything before placing it up there, Google loves your data.

DropBox is worse mind you, their recent policy updates actually allow them explicitly to look through your files, and your files contents; if they feel the need (in regards to copyright infringement, etc.)
    @emdad said:
    Where my personal data will be safe and no one will want to look at it ? :( I store my "not so sensitive" personal data to DropBox, automatically pushed from my phone..... is there any better place?

Actually, I'm using tresorit to save my confidential files. Maybe it's a good alternative if you really need some secure environments.