Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mandrill vs. Mailgun
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Mandrill vs. Mailgun

lukelarrislukelarris Member
edited March 2014 in General

Was looking at some mail providers to replace the clunky sendmail on my box, and I found Mandrill and Mailgun.

The only major differences I can see between them are the free plan mail sending limits, of which Mandrill lets you send 2k more emails a month than Mailgun, but this isn't really a selling point to me since I'm only probably going to be sending out max 200 emails a month from a few small forums for registration confirmations.

Has anybody used both these services, and what are your opinions of them? What are the pros and cons of either service?

Comments

• wychwych Member

Only used Mandrill but it was easy peasy to setup, not had any issues at all.

• johnjohn Member

Haven't tried Mailgun but Mandrill is great for us. No issues at all.

• We use Mandrill. I've had 0 problems with them and they're free for the first 12,000 emails per month.

• Use mailgun for development - chosen for the great API and example code.

• I've never tried mandrill but I am using Mailgun as a smarthost on an exchange server. So far it works great very fast to send emails and the setup to use a custom domain is painless

• I have used both Mandrill and MailGun. They are both great solutions.

• I've used both Mandrill and MailGun as well, both are great for custom hooks and SMTP sending.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

I signed up for Mailgun not that long ago. My account started as disabled (probably flagged some screening tool). Opened a support ticket asking how this could be fixed. Got a reply with some questions regarding who I was and what my intentions were with my account.
    Explained and account got enabled.
    Been working nice since then. :)