Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ARIN & Stupid Policies - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ARIN & Stupid Policies

2»

Comments

• CINIPACCINIPAC Member

Yeah, the IPv6 pricing policy is even more stupid than their IPv4 pricing policy... I wonder if something might change after IPv6 Launch Day and more or less public availability of IPv6 on client-side.

• FRCoreyFRCorey Member

It's not the raising prices on IPv6 that bothers me. What bothers me is that a corporation like AT&T, Comcast, and other ISP's getting the largest allocations only have to pay 30k a year for it.

• DerekDerek Member

@FRCorey said: It's not the raising prices on IPv6 that bothers me. What bothers me is that a corporation like AT&T, Comcast, and other ISP's getting the largest allocations only have to pay 30k a year for it.

They also have millions of clients and justification as well.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@Derek said: @FRCorey said: It's not the raising prices on IPv6 that bothers me. What bothers me is that a corporation like AT&T, Comcast, and other ISP's getting the largest allocations only have to pay 30k a year for it.

They also have millions of clients and justification as well.

It would make sense to make IPv6 cheaper where it would have the most impact. If CompanyA has 1000 clients using IPv4 and CompanyB has 500000 clients using IPv4, if I were ARIN I would give CompanyB a greater discount to switch to IPv6. It sucks for people like us who are only CompanyA.