Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need some info about datacenter choices in the UK
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need some info about datacenter choices in the UK

I need to find a DC best suit for me.

Besides hostdime, Inception/OpenITC(?), constant, what else? Please shoot. Thanks.

Comments

• BruceBruce Member

DC or dedicated server provider?

seems that most lowend providers are using rapidswitch

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

None of those are datacenters they are providers. It depends on your budget, bandwidth specification and such and colocation or not.

Thanked by 2AlexanderM Reece
  • SpiritSpirit Member
    edited March 2014

It's not most clear but my guess is that he's asking for providers in certain datacentres.

Castlegem - London Telehouse, LDEX, Manchester Telecity, Manchester Synergy House
    AllSimple - Sirius 2 Datacenter in Surrey
    Vooservers - Custodian data centre in Maidstone
    Evorack - Redstation
    HTTPZoom - Rapidswitch DC in Maidenhead

Thanked by 2jrdai ozfingwe
  • wychwych Member

Most hosts seem to favour RapidSwitch.

• jrdaijrdai Member

Thanks guys.

Sorry for any confusion. I need to know all the DC that providers use, for i can get very poor connection from certain DCs. @Spirit you get my idea, thanks a lot, but care to name some fall into the selection of LEB/LET?

What DC does hostdime use?

• jrdai said: @Spirit you get my idea, thanks a lot, but care to name some fall into the selection of LEB/LET?

All of those I listed above had (and some of them still have) LEB offer in past. Try to dig their old deals (with test IPs and all the rest) at LEB/LET and if offer isn't available anymore, you can still contact them in hope to get some good deal.

Side note, when you said except Inception/OpenITC - Inceptionhosting is hosted with OpenITC/XenVZ Newcastle upon Tyne location. OpenITC/XenVZ run some promotions at their other location in Rapidswitch Maidenhead DC too.

• @wych said:
    Most hosts seem to favour RapidSwitch.

They have old servers dirt cheap and use to give out /24s for £25-40/mo and now charge £1/ip mo now I believe so you won't see many there now. They dug themselves into ip depletion by doing that.

• chrispchrisp Member
    edited March 2014

OnePoundWebhosting.co.uk - ServerHouse Ltd

LowEndSpirit - OpenITC

DotVPS - Iomart Hosting

LoveVPS - Custodian

I had the best connectivity to/from LDEX1 (Castlegem) in London, but it may be different for you depending on your target (London Telehouse and Custodian are also very good DCs connection-wise)

Thanked by 1ozfingwe
  • wychwych Member

@INIZ said:
    They have old servers dirt cheap and use to give out /24s for £25-40/mo and now charge £1/ip mo now I believe so you won't see many there now. They dug themselves into ip depletion by doing that.

Yep, ranges were quite expensive last time I spoke to them.

• jrdaijrdai Member

@Spirit said:

I am currently with Inception, did you mean that is in the Newcastle DC, and OpenITC's promotion is in another different DC?

@chrisp said:
    OnePoundWebhosting.co.uk - ServerHouse Ltd

LowEndSpirit - OpenITC

DotVPS - Iomart Hosting

LoveVPS - Custodian

I had the best connectivity to/from LDEX1 (Castlegem) in London, but it may be different for you depending on your target (London Telehouse and Custodian are also very good DCs connection-wise)

Thanks a lot for that, save me a lot of time.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited March 2014

jrdai said: I am currently with Inception, did you mean that is in the Newcastle DC, and OpenITC's promotion is in another different DC?

Yes and yes - sometimes. Like said, OpenITC have servers at two UK locations (Newcastle and Maidenhead). Their last offer http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/22530/openitc-the-sean-surprise-best-value-uk-offer-massive-bw-gigabit-port-512mb-2-50-1gb-4 is in Maidenhead.

Thanked by 1jrdai
  • You could try redstation, they had a amazing offer a few days ago.

• ReeceReece Member

We're in redstation, overall im very impressed :-)

• jrdaijrdai Member

ultimatehostings said: You could try redstation, they had a amazing offer a few days ago.

You mean Reece's offer? It seems OpenVZ.