Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The competition lately
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

The competition lately

edited April 2012 in General

Has anyone else noticed that the market lately is getting over-filled with new companyes, owned and ran by 15 year old kids (the thing I am pointing at is not the age of the owners, but the time the hosting's last - a good 2-3 months)? I know that it has always been an issue, but lately is the peak, since I joined the hosting bussiness. For first time in 9 months, I am registering a small decrease in the monthly sales. And as some of you might post, about the thread title - it can be discussed if they are competition or not, to the longer-lasting companyes, however especially for the low-end bussiness, casual users tend to buy the cheapest things possible. Do some of you see danger for the whole hosting industry, beeing filled out literally with such companyes?

Comments

• Wow

• gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member
    edited April 2012

LiqiudSolutions your email is "abarakov94@..." which is a typical sign for someone being born in 1994. Were you born in 1994?
    Also just by looking at your website i saw 3 issues/errors within the first 10 seconds i was on it so you shouldn't be the one complaining about unprofessional competition ;)

Anyway as for the original question: Kiddy hosts were always there and will always be there, i personally wouldn't use them.

• @gsrdgrdghd said: Also just by looking at your website i saw 3 issues/errors within the first 10 seconds i was on it so you shouldn't be the one complaining about unprofessional competition ;)

You don't even have to go out to his website to see problems. Dude couldn't even spell his username right when signing up on LET.

• Your domain name was created on : 2011-11-12 ... 9 months old?

• @JoeMerit said: You don't even have to go out to his website to see problems. Dude couldn't even spell his username right when signing up on LET.

I just noticed that. That is well sad.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@LiqiudSolutions said: Has anyone else noticed that the market lately is getting over-filled with new companyes, owned and ran by 15 year old kids (the thing I am pointing at is not the age of the owners, but the time the hosting's last - a good 2-3 months)? I know that it has always been an issue, but lately is the peak, since I joined the hosting bussiness. For first time in 9 months, I am registering a small decrease in the monthly sales. And as some of you might post, about the thread title - it can be discussed if they are competition or not, to the longer-lasting companyes, however especially for the low-end bussiness, casual users tend to buy the cheapest things possible. Do some of you see danger for the whole hosting industry, beeing filled out literally with such companyes?

It's almost summer again :)

• @JoeMerit said: Dude couldn't even spell his username right when signing up on LET.

lol i didn't even notice that, awesome :D

• Yup, I am 18 and I have never tried to hide it.

About our website - it has been discussed previously as well. I am not a native English speaker, neither the site was designed by one. Which is obviously a downside, I admit it completly. Actually the post above made me order a Proof-reading service just now, so the website would be updated in a couple of days, once the order is completed.

About my age - I am not trying to claim that I am old enough, that I am running the best bussiness or even near the best or anything like that, I am well aware about my age not beeing promising, however everyone did start from somewhere and not everyone is the same, is it? However I do try to keep the customers satisfied, keep the clients base at a level, which my staff can take care of and generally, after doing a research among the clients the past month, I am getting a great level of positive comments as an answer of the research, which I think is the main thing a company should aim at.

And yes, English is not my native language and I apologise for that - I am well aware of all the gramatical errors in our TOS, as they were written by me and not copyed by other Host. And I agree with gsrdgrdghd, it is highly unprofessional - something that I will get resolved the following days.

And as I am sure that a lot of comments will start about my website, commenting about my bussines - I would like to stress one more time that I indeed had to resolve that issues, before posting this discussion. As some of you might ask about the proper registration and legality - It is in the process of registering and I will gladly provide a Bussiness No., once it gets properly registered as Ltd the following week, hopefully.

If someone wants to check out our first domain name: liquid-host.org - to see the date when it was registered, we are indeed 8 months old and hopefully a lot more (Creation date: 29 Jul 2011 19:39:00). Reason of the new domain and domain change was sent to LEA a few months ago - as we are launching a couple of new projects, this is why we switched the domains, the email was sent out a long time ago for a change in the wiki. About why the other domains (.com, .info and .org) are not pointing to it - the main website was under a DDoS attack and I switched DNS hosting, since then the domains are not active - something that is getting changed right now, as according to the stats, that domains were leading visitors as well.

The discussion I tried to start about was about the run-away hosts that are indeed floding the market lately. The once that indeed last 2 months. The discussion I tried to start was about hosting's, that are old 3 weeks, that are selling 512 RAM VPSes for 1.95$.

And @gsrdgrdghd
    Thank you for pointing out the things above, this are things that I take serious and will get resolved as soon as possible.

• CloudxtnyHostCloudxtnyHost Member, Host Rep

This happens every 3-4 years and is nothing new. If you were old enough to have been around last time the big influx of kiddie hosts happened you'd know :D

• All these hackforum hosts!

• Well to be honest first impressions are big factor if I trust a new host if the community interactIon is good and their web site is unto scratch I will go with them, if they are 9 months old and stills have errors it's says about them IMO.

• JacobJacob Member

Quit your bitchin' No one cares, Really..

Thanked by 1Spencer
  • taiprestaipres Member
    edited April 2012

Personally i'm a fan of new startups, companies like BuyVM or Linode getting all the business because of good advertising or perception when there's plenty of other great potentially unknown companies out there, doesn't sit well with me. But I also think it's unfair to consumers when a new startup comes along who really doesn't know what they're doing and are just trying to make a quick buck vs in it for the long haul.

• Anyway, I have requested a thread deletion / close, as I can see where it would go. I will first resolve the issues that were pointed out and right after re-open the discussion. I was not in my right to open the thread myself, as it was pointed out - I have enough things to resolve for the next days.

I do apologise one more time for my English.

Also, I am getting really red at the moment about my name. Something I have not even noticed, absolutely embarassing. I would however try to explain - it was a quick account creating a month ago or so, as I wanted to quickly to comment on something posted out here. This was my first real discussion in here and I honestly did not even notice the typy and missplaced "i". Absolutely embarassing.

• TaylorTaylor Member
    edited April 2012

Also where the said provider advertises is massive hackforums hosts can't be the most reliable eg: White label hostIng stopes most of their LEBS, as well as the drama they may bring @dotvps even though I would still buy services from him.if he could post a leb offer as he's stuck around and seems like a good guy.

• @httpzoom said: This happens every 3-4 years and is nothing new. If you were old enough to have been around last time the big influx of kiddie hosts happened you'd know :D

Huh? It started as soon as reseller hosting (shared) became popular around 2000-2001 and never went away. I've never noticed a "cycle" or "influx". If anything, I just notice it getting worse every single year.

• Just wait the market will get even worse. It is almost summer and 15 year olds have nothing better to do!

• @Taylor : Use some punctuation, will ya?

@subigo : It happens every spring when kids get out for summer break, they run a hosting company for a few months, and it dies in Aug/Sep when they have to go back to school.

• @LiqiudSolutions i didn't mean to criticise that you are 18 years old or not a native english speaker. I'm 20 myself and not a native english speaker either :D
    However you (and me) shouldn't be the ones to criticise hosts for being owned by a 15 years old when we are only a few years older (with the exception of 15 years olds not being able to enter a legal contract/create a company in most countries)

Good luck with your site :)

• flyfly Member

sorry, you can't compare buyvm to linode.

• @rajprakash sorry about that, on my phone and can't edit that post to save my life.

• @gsrdgrdghd
    Yes I know that, however the point of the discussion was something else, as you can see, I did try to explain that I was not targeting the age, it was just a figure of speach, trying to target hosts that indeed last a couple of weeks only. And yes, we should not be criticising other web hosts, especially I should not be, with the current state of the website - something I should have taken care a long time ago. Anyway, a quote request was sent out to a proof-reading company, that should help me with the gramatical errors in 48 hours.

Anyway, I already reported teh whole thread to get closed, as it is not alright to comment on others, taking in mind the current state of my website.

This discussion has been closed.