Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Decent Shared Hosting?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Decent Shared Hosting?

Have a small-ish community that I help manage, and we need to move our forums and such to a new host due to technical limitations.

We need to have access to port 27015 (for a hl2 gametracker script) which right now, I can't manage to get unblocked at router level (out of our hands, etc)

Software we run is XenForo, with light activity, never been the target of any attacks (yet!) and a script that (will eventually) send an rcon command to a gameserver to handle in-game benefits.

Any suggestions? I'm too lazy to spend the time looking for and setting up another VM, lol

Comments

• 0xdragon0xdragon Member
    edited March 2014
  • x10Hosting perhaps? Not sure about the ports you want open...

• Not looking for free, looking for quality.

Not "just" looking for lowend either.

The only port is just 27015, which is a gameserver port, so we can send rcon commands from the forum software to the gameserver. We're NOT wanting to run a gameserver, which is why we're looking for shared (and because again, I'm too lazy to spend the time setting things up)

• How about @miTgiB

• I've heard a few positive mentions of arvixe.com

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

I'd be happy to give you a few days trial on shovehost to see if it fits your needs. Then we can go from there.

• @ricardo said:
    I've heard a few positive mentions of arvixe.com

Don't user Arvixe, last time I'm using them, their server were overloaded. Support were slow, and sometimes they don't understand your problem, and even the text you wrote.

• @Crissic has had relatively good shared webhosting, far more stable than BlueVM.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Thanks for the ping @0xdragon. :)

I would love to host the forum, what makes me thinking is the script/cron that you want to run?

Is it only outgoing, trying to connect to another server on that port? What is the script written in? Would it be possible to schedule it with the regular cpanel cron?

Reason I'm asking all these questions is to make sure everything works "out of the box".

If you sign up and it doesn't work I am willing to extend the refund for your account so that you get the money back.
    cPanel server in Miami, US.

• MediaTemple is the shit. It's a bit expensive, but totally worth it. Not sure about the port, but you could ask their awesome support.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

You didn't specify location?

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

We can provide this in Atlanta, GA. We can offer you 50% off our plans on our website (HostUS.us)

• Alexander
  • We can certainly provide cPanel based shared hosting that will meet your needs, check out our plans here: http://www.stablebox.com/cpanel-web-hosting/

Port 27015 is already opened on the firewalls as we have many clients who run status queries to their game servers - our parent company is a GSP :)

• @leckley -- Purchased a plan through you guys, will report in eventually with how things go.

Thanks all!

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

@leckley interesting to read on your superpod site that you have Zynga, Crytek, etc as clients. Cool!

• @MrObvious said:
    leckley -- Purchased a plan through you guys, will report in eventually with how things go.

Thanks all!

Welcome aboard! Let us know if you need anything at all!

@shovenose said:
    leckley interesting to read on your superpod site that you have Zynga, Crytek, etc as clients. Cool!

It is awesome :)
    Our Stablebox division (what we advertise here) is only a small part of the over all operation.