Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap CDN - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheap CDN

2»

Comments

• wychwych Member

@jhadley WireSix/FrontRangeHosting ?

• I think their coverage is pretty good. This is coverage area that I found on their web:
    London, GB
    Amsterdam, NL
    Salt lake city, US
    Toronto, CA
    Tokyo, JP
    Maidenhead, GB
    Scranton, US
    Hong kong, HK
    Kiev, UA
    Taipei, TW
    Amsterdam, NL
    Brussels, BE
    Moscow, RU
    Canberra, AU
    Toronto, CA
    Groningen, NL
    Warsaw, PL
    Bursa, TR
    Copenhagen, DK
    Dublin, IE
    Prague, CZ
    Sao paulo, BR
    Phoenix, US
    Sydney, AU
    Berlin, DE
    Dublin, IE
    Helsinki, FI
    Athens, GR
    Stockholm, SE
    Karlstad, SE
    Cape town, ZA
    Zurich, CH
    Lisbon, PT
    London, GB
    Saskatoon, CA
    Zagreb, HR
    Goteborg, SE
    Bangkok, TH
    Kungsbacka, SE
    Geneva, CH
    Vaxjo, SE
    Melbourne, AU
    Montreal, CA
    Milan, IT
    Perth, AU
    Den Bosch, NL
    Bangkok, TH
    Lisbon, PT
    Oslo, NO
    Kharkov, UA
    Bangkok, TH
    Palmerston north, NZ
    Dublin, IE
    Hong kong, HK
    Zagreb, HR
    Toronto, CA
    Sheffield, GB
    Cyberjaya, MY
    Marseille, FR
    Lvov, UA
    Bombay, IN
    Tallinn, EE
    Sydney, AU
    Zlin, CZ
    Amsterdam, NL
    Singapore, SG
    Odessa, UA
    Moscow, RU
    Singapore, SG
    Perth, AU
    Madrid, ES
    Strasbourg, FR
    Frankfurt, DE
    Valencia, ES
    Ankara, TR
    Bucharest, RO
    Perth, AU
    Sydney, AU
    London, GB
    Sofia, BG
    Singapore, SG
    Dublin, IE
    Amsterdam, NL
    Karlskrona, SE
    London, GB
    Stockholm, SE
    Chicago, US
    Budapest, HU
    Sao paulo, BR
    Vancouver, CA
    Moscow, RU
    Seoul, KR
    Brisbane, AU
    Brisbane, AU
    Ankara, TR
    Belgrade, RS
    Zurich, CH
    Ho chi minh city, VN
    Blagoveshchensk, RU
    Helsingborg, SE
    Delhi, IN
    Taipei, TW
    Sydney, AU
    London, GB
    Lisbon, PT
    Madrid, ES
    Ashford, GB
    Hanoi, VN
    Da nang, VN
    Krasnoyarsk, RU
    Kuala lumpur, MY
    Kiev, UA
    Los angeles, US
    You can test them here of course http://www.site24x7.com/ping-test.html cdn.stylexnetworks.com

• man.. I forgot how to insert plain text/code here

• tchentchen Member

Along the same lines as Stylex, there's CDN.net It's more fine grained if you're serious about specific regions.

• @dnwk said:
    very brief stuff http://www.linkun.info/story/?p=1834 darknyan I am not use to wrote tutorials and it probably wrote too much stuff for none tech

Instead of using PHP to sync files, you can run Varnish in front of nginx on every node. With nginx, proxy back to a master node which is configured with the files you want to serve, or with a root domain to map requests too. That way, varnish will cache the files, and if it doesn't find anything, it will drop back to nginx which will request it from the master. This requires no programming, and if you manage the nodes with something like puppet or chef, it's very easy to spin up new nodes and reconfigure them to serve additional sites or change where the master is.

• tchentchen Member

Edge set purge is something that is missing from that tutorial.

• Hm, just an idea, but couldn't you buy 100gb from Google Drive for $2 a month (or use the 15gb free) and use that as a CDN? I use it every now and then for hosting images, css and other small files.

• skybucks100 said: Hm, just an idea, but couldn't you buy 100gb from Google Drive for $2 a month (or use the 15gb free) and use that as a CDN? I use it every now and then for hosting images, css and other small files.

Bandwidth limits.

• @Rallias said:
    Bandwidth limits.

Oh there are? I hadn't really looked into it. Bummer :(

• marcmmarcm Member

CDN77

• tchentchen Member
    edited March 2014

edit: I was impressed at first, but um... now I'm puzzled. Double check your calcs because AWS 10GB is not $88.

• marcmmarcm Member

@tchen $80+ is for like 1TB backup on AWS S3 and something like $60+ is for reduced latency (whatever that means).

• tchentchen Member

@marcm said:
    tchen $80+ is for like 1TB backup on AWS S3 and something like $60+ is for reduced latency (whatever that means).

His error is in the http request calcs.

• marcmmarcm Member

I think that http://www.cdncalc.com/ provides some pretty good options. Nothing worth paying for will be dirt cheap, that's for sure.

Thanked by 1Brad
  • dnwkdnwk Member

@manacit said:
    Instead of using PHP to sync files, you can run Varnish in front of nginx on every node. With nginx, proxy back to a master node which is configured with the files you want to serve, or with a root domain to map requests too. That way, varnish will cache the files, and if it doesn't find anything, it will drop back to nginx which will request it from the master. This requires no programming, and if you manage the nodes with something like puppet or chef, it's very easy to spin up new nodes and reconfigure them to serve additional sites or change where the master is.

At that time, I was design the system to handle multiple domain and multiple backend. I was putting nginx on top of varnish for traffic accounting purpose.

• @marcm @tchen If you find bugs feel free to submit them or even fix them yourselves :) https://github.com/jimaek/cdncalc

• tommytommy Member

marcm said: CDN77

initial deposit $99 :(

• jhjh Member

tommy said: CDN77

It's also OnApp who I would rather not deal with.

• jhjh Member

Gone with MaxCDN - $6.20/month with a coupon. Thanks everyone.

• tchentchen Member

@jimaek said:
    marcm tchen If you find bugs feel free to submit them or even fix them yourselves :) https://github.com/jimaek/cdncalc

I would bother if only MaxCDN wasn't hardcoded to be the 'recommended' option. Call me picky for not choosing to contrib to sponsored advertising. :)

• Its my personal project not a corporate one, but yeah I understand :)

• dnwkdnwk Member

I use MaxCDN before. Lots of problems

• jhadley said: Gone with MaxCDN

Im sorry :(