Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GoodHosting.co | 2GB $3.5 first mo, $7 after | [Unmetered Bandwidth] [Wildcard Certificates] [KVM] - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GoodHosting.co | 2GB $3.5 first mo, $7 after | [Unmetered Bandwidth] [Wildcard Certificates] [KVM]

2»

Comments

• FWIW, I wouldn't want to justify my traffic for a deal marketed as unmetered (unless it was reported as abuse of course). Better/more honest to state a limit and say more available for free subject to justification. The way it is currently its a "default opt-in" to a process that clients shouldn't need to worry about.

HardCloud said: I don't quite understand why I have this luck, but it seems that everyone here hates my threads

News just in - the world does not revolve around you. I don't hate you or your offers and I think this is generally true for most people. Be resilient :)

• my experience of 1 month use is not good. not suggested for the nebula.

• Marking metered packages unmetered is dishonesty with customers.I really hate this Fair share BS just put the limits remove this fair share BS.

• GoodHostingGoodHosting Member
    edited March 2014

@yywudi said:
    my experience of 1 month use is not good. not suggested for the nebula.

Please do tell me (via way of Order ID, Invoice ID, transaction ID, etc) some means of validating that you were in fact a customer of our service; as we have yet to have any customers complain.

instatech said: Marking metered packages unmetered is dishonesty with customers.I really hate this Fair share BS just put the limits remove this fair share BS.

What do you honestly want me to do? Bill per GB per hour? That's the only other option with a proper cloud solution, it doesn't have (inbuilt) a method of limiting per month per GB, and frankly I don't want to limit anyone.

However, when I see fishy people doing 10TB transit in the first 24 hours, of course I'm going to question them. I would be an idiot not to.

The problem with me reacting on complaints alone is that SingleHOP and SoftLayer both expect you to suspend or terminate access to the violating account within 24 hours, and often clients don't respond to their tickets within this time; then come on LE* and bitch why they were suspended in a short time. (Been there, done that; many times.)

craigb said: News just in - the world does not revolve around you. I don't hate you or your offers and I think this is generally true for most people. Be resilient :)

I don't claim it does, but when my thread is the only one flamed this hard out of all the recent offers in which happen to have the same BYOL and unmetered policies; people choose my thread to scream in. This happened last time when someone brought up our AUP as well, even though I'm well aware that many of the other companies here have much worse AUPs. (With the glaring exception of Winity, who has a very nice and user-friendly AUP. I applaud him.)

• Correction:

We have received two complaints so far, both of which were revolving around deployment time. We do not claim to have instant or immediate deployment. We claim the contrary in fact, we do all our deployments manually to cut down on the fraud and abuse rates.

Most abusive and fraudulent orders can be seen immediately just based on keysmash profile information, or someone purchasing an absurdly high number of IP addresses on a very small server... of which there are very few legitimate use cases.

If anyone has a complaint or issue with GoodHosting, I challenge you (and give you express permission) to bring it to my attention, either privately or publicly; and I will gladly deal with the issue when it is brought to my attention.

It is very unlikely I can fix an issue that is not known to me, even though this seems to the be consensus opinion (or de facto assumption.)

• @GoodHosting said:

#CEU-1910-XST
    #KDV-0994-WMM

you could check and tell me what happened even the managerment didn't move forward for several days.

you delete my vps by you system issue without inform, and let me wait for ten days but never tell me the new root password after the manual deploy.
    and then terminated my service said i'm doing DDoS even i cannot login to it, and reject to give any explaination.

do you wan me to paste the snapshot of the ticket content ?

• GoodHostingGoodHosting Member
    edited March 2014

@yywudi said:

Hello Client,

Thank you for proving that you are in fact a client with us. Unfortunately, this issue went through quite a few stages before we came to any sort of solution. Shortly after our staff manually deployed your VPS, you re-installed it as Debian 7 using our SunStone management panel.

Your service was suspended when we found it doing 9.61 TB of outgoing (all to a single IP) in the time span of less than thirty minutes. You were notified of this by Melvin, and past the ticket I see you guys spoke on Skype (of which I do not have the logs or access to, of course.) Was your issue never resolved when he contacted you personally on Skype?

In the off chance this was not solved over his Skype communication, I have added you to my Skype as well (" GoodHosting ") so we can further discuss this issue and come to a solution. If you had re-deployed the Debian image, and had enabled networking before setting any root password; the VPS may have been compromised when used for the attack (ie: this may not be your fault at all, and we understand this.)

• that's why i not suggest Nebula, after deploy i didn't find any place to update the password.
    issue never been resolved as you guys never explain above words in the ticket and seems don't want to say anything to me. so that's it.
    i reply ticket one time one day . i think i have enough patience, but for ten days, no useful response.
    i wont use service like such support

• @yywudi said:

OpenNebula is a cloud software, not a VPS software. It is not meant to manage your Operating System for you, it only manages the aspects of virtual hardware to do with the cloud instance itself. Inside the Operating System, one must manage their own authentication.

It's worth noting that "SolusVM" (what you're probably comparing to) can only "Change Password" for *nix based Operating Systems whose password files use a common algorithm, and are located in a known location (often /etc/passwd , /etc/shadow , etcetera.) You cannot "Change Password" on a Windows VPS, and it does not even always work on a *nix VPS.

Both Melvin and I tried to add you on Skype to deal with the issue, I do not know where you got to with Melvin (as I do not have access to those logs.) I tried to add you to Skype, but you have yet to accept that / respond to it.

I would be more than happy to deal with this issue as described above, and am rather confused why after complimenting our Technical Support you are having these sorts of issues (in the same ticket no less.)

Your first/only payment has been refunded at this point, and we are more than happy to give you at least a month of free period to work through these issues, but as we have explained before (and increasingly have to explain again to some customers) OpenNebula is not a VPS software, but an instance software. OpenNebula is meant for SaaS and IaaS instances, specifically those with a boiled-in application.

If you are familiar with public key authentication, you can create a user token "PUBLIC_KEY" in OpenNebula, and this will act as your password for any virtual instances you deploy (very similar to how DigitalOcean handles their public key authentication.) However, there is no magic "Change Password" button (and never will be, as more than 50% of our customers are using Operating Systems and/or drive encryption that would make such a feature infeasible or damaging.)

• A special thanks goes out to all those that lodged informal complaints via this thread, it has led to an even better conversion rate on this offer; and even further views and registrations. Thank you for your efforts!

They were not all in vain however, I have made specific changes to our policies that favor users of the "Unlimited Transit" packages further, by checking transit per recipient peer (using SPI, a builtin on ipfw and iptables). Thus we can more easily differentiate DoS and repeated network attacks .vs. legitimate traffic, and better establish flow rates.