Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Plesk control panel information needed - Name server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Plesk control panel information needed - Name server

Hello

We had recently taken a VPS which is preinstalled with Plesk 11.5, we are new to this panel, we are familiar with Cpanel, VestaCP, Direct admin, webmin. We wish to stay with Plesk panel for some reasons, we wish to do the following

we have to use our name servers

ns1.domain.com
ns2.domain.com

in this server we have to use this name servers, and we wish to host our domains in this server by pointing the domains to this name server. In Cpanel and other panels its easy to do this, but it seems the simple operation is made complicated in Plesk. The documentation of Plesk in their site does not clearly covers this operation.

How to go with it, any help will be highly appreciated

Comments

• dnwkdnwk Member

So you wish to update your dns by updating settings in plesk?

• Not this, what i asked is how to add domains in this server and use a name server in this plesk panel

• dnwkdnwk Member

@programer said:

Don't understand your question.

what i asked is how to add domains in this server[which one?] and use a name server in this plesk panel

• I have to host few domains in this server, for that we have to first create name server in this server and then point the domains name server to this name server, this is the procedure right? How to do it is the question

• VPNVPN Member

Like any other reputable hosting panel, it will link in with BIND (other DNS servers are available). BIND will be setup with a name server (ns1.domain.com) then on your second VPS you need to setup BIND with the other name server (ns2.domain.com).

Then as long as ns1.domain.com and ns2.domain.com have A records on domain.com then it'll work. Remember that you'll need GLUE records for ns1 and ns2 at the registrar for domain.com

• I had created everything in the regsitrar end, the name servers

ns1.domain.com
    ns2.domain.com is already pointing to this server, how to create them in the PLESK is the question.

In cpanel for this there are options in DNS setting/ and also in server setup option, how to do this in Plesk

• AlanBAlanB Member

log into the subscription for domain.com in plesk and click on dns settings.

For the row with the Record Type of NS, click your domain name, change the following, and then click OK:

Record type — NS.
    Domain Name — Leave this field blank.
    Name server — Type ns1.domain.com.

Click Add Record, complete the following fields, and then click OK:

Record type — Select NS.
    Domain Name — Leave this field blank.
    Name server — Enter ns2.domain.com.

Click Add Record, complete the following fields, and then click OK:

Record type — Select A.
    Domain Name — Type ns2.
    IP Address — Enter your server's IP address

Click Update.

Go to the Server tab in Plesk, and then, from the Server Management section, click Services Management.

Next to DNS Server (BIND), click Refresh. Allow a few minutes for the service to restart.

• This is not working fine, is there any mistakes i am doing? I wish to use a www.domain.com for that should that domain point this server first?

• AlanBAlanB Member

Remember you need to set the ns1 and ns2 GLUE records at your domain registrar.

• It is done, from my domain control panel everything possible is done, its to added in the plesk panel