Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need some ideas ..
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need some ideas ..

SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Host Rep
edited April 2012 in General

Hey Guys,
I was working on a new version of ServPHP (http://servphp.org)
I've got a few things done, well very very few things done,

http://93.104.215.18/servphp2012/beta/

I needed some ideas on what to add to it..

Thanks !

Comments

1. A ps aux | less - Based on the highest usage first would be cool.
    2. A list of CPUs and each CPU's load.
    3. Disk I/O... Uhm a more accurate ping time (the one on the original is in accurate)...
    4. Disk usage in MB or GB...
    5. Multiple tab-ed interface for seeing the data above.
    6. A process checker (IE you can specify servphp to check and see if apache or minecraft or whatever is up).
    7. A process restarter? If a process is down have the option in the config file to allow someone to restart it via this script in a web broswer.
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@BlueVM said: A process restarter? If a process is down have the option in the config file to allow someone to restart it via this script in a web broswer.

nice one!

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

doing that leads to you having to either run PHP as root or having to use a setuid app. setuid isn't completely terrible if you sanitize all of the values you pass into it, but you can also end up with a fully rooted box if you're sloppy.

Francisco

• @Francisco said: doing that leads to you having to either run PHP as root or having to use a setuid app.

Just use sudo and give it only access to one specific shellscript for restarting app X

• @Francisco said: doing that leads to you having to either run PHP as root or having to use a setuid app. setuid isn't completely terrible if you sanitize all of the values you pass into it, but you can also end up with a fully rooted box if you're sloppy.

Of course it would be an option to turn on/off in the config and any sane admin would password protect something like that (possibly another option to add to the config).

• SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Host Rep

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I'll start coding it up :D