Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Host Login - All In One Place To Access Your Server Information - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Host Login - All In One Place To Access Your Server Information

Comments

• @Infinity580 said:
    Let explain me this: When you put much secure data on one server, more bad guys are interested in it. So basically its a bad idea, and worse when someone found a security hole to stole everything. So its better to keep everything at home and splitted.

oh haha. the data will all be encrypted, so even if someone does get access to the server, they wont be able to get anything other than encrypted data. and aes-256 isnt a easy to crack algorithm. i do have filesystem monitoring on the server which means if someone gets in and tries to change anything on the website, ill get notified. ive spent quite a lot of time hardening the server and have secured it as much as i can.

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited March 2014

removed

• Sounds good as I was worried the stored SHA was actually the encryption key. Really no way to be sure though

• @bdtech said:
    Sounds good as I was worried the stored SHA was actually the encryption key. Really no way to be sure though

the client side code is not encrypted, not even minified (even comments are there), so feel free to take a look :)

• bdtechbdtech Member
    edited March 2014

Your best bet to encourage people adopting your web app is to not POST the client key hash at all. Leave it all on the client side JS. Once they see the encryption/decryption and the private key (hash) never leaves their local machine you'll soar. This will also provide enough visibility into your code base that it can be trusted. You can even host the crypto library JS on a trustworthy CDN (cdnjs maybe)

• ksubedi said: i totally understand your point. for that reason, i am planning on licensing it out with a one time fee, and have no licensing check mechanism or anything like that. there will be legal bindings however that will prevent the purchaser from re-distributing it. might not work but with an application that requires high level of security, not all things work perfectly. i recently worked on a enterprise level application which would store some crucial client information, and even though it was all encrypted and secure, they still wanted it to be deployed privately on their own infrastructure instead of a public cloud (amazon ec2 was our first choice), so people not wanting their information on someone else's server totally makes sense.

I will really be interested, will wait for it.

• @ksubedi said:
    oh haha. the data will all be encrypted, so even if someone does get access to the server, they wont be able to get anything other than encrypted data. and aes-256 isnt a easy to crack algorithm. i do have filesystem monitoring on the server which means if someone gets in and tries to change anything on the website, ill get notified. ive spent quite a lot of time hardening the server and have secured it as much as i can.

Good luck with your confidence. Just head-up, there will be someone who better than you and the most of us.

• toshosttoshost Member, Host Rep

I am not sure is it safe or not. As .in domain is a high risk domain. Everyday thousand of .in website hacked by hacker. So i am not confident with this :(

• @toshost said:
    I am not sure is it safe or not. As .in domain is a high risk domain. Everyday thousand of .in website hacked by hacker. So i am not confident with this :(

Seriously?........

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • @toshost said:
    ya men just use google and you will get lot of news about indian website hacking news

the website isnt even indian -.- i just used the in extension so i could create the domain that says hostlog.in = host login

• And you think it has to do with a domain extension..

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Thanked by 3Mark_R Mark_R khav
  • tchentchen Member

@jeffreywinters said:
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Well, it makes sense. The domain name has a giant sign saying its the way 'in'. The new '.stealth' TLD will have better security.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • toshosttoshost Member, Host Rep

I just want to say .in is a hacker focused tld extension

• @toshost said:

Any website could be targeted. What does it has to do with TLD's?
    It depends on the popularity of the website.

• actually, some TLDs are more susceptible because gathering large lists of domains within them are easier- don't think that's really relevant here though.

• @ksubedi is this project still alive? I was just about to load all my non-sensitive info into it, but got a timeout.

• @amhoab said:
    ksubedi is this project still alive? I was just about to load all my non-sensitive info into it, but got a timeout.

@ksubedi now works for GVH, so I doubt it.

• 0xdragon said: @ksubedi now works for GVH, so I doubt it.

Darn, he sounded so ambitious with this project. I reckon this is a good time to open source it, then? :)

• 0xdragon0xdragon Member
    edited April 2014

@amhoab said:
    Darn, he sounded so ambitious with this project. I reckon this is a good time to open source it, then? :)

Well you can try, but he's not responded to me whatsoever, except through GVH's support.

• is the website down? can't open it.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Maybe you can sell it cheap, like a donation of $10 :)

• wychwych Member

"Google Chrome could not load the web page because hostlog.in took too long to respond"

• I would love a self/local hosted version of this, even if it costs.

• @roykem said:
    is the website down? can't open it.

Appears to be down, http://sitemeer.com/#hostlog.in

• Oops, hostlog.in appears to be down

• @toshost said:

All of my sites are .in. I've seen DDOS, and bots trying to guess the WordPress admin password, but nothing that suggests work of a hacker.

• For the record, SHA or MD5 should not be used to store sensitive information like passwords/pass keys. Ideally you should never write your own password hashing functions (use PHPPass or PHPs password_hash functions). It's too easy to use an improper hashing algorithm (i.e. not crypt), to use a salt wrong etc.

• AThomasHoweAThomasHowe Member
    edited April 2014

wrong thread? idk how this happened