Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thoughts on https://pointhq.com/?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Thoughts on https://pointhq.com/?

I'm thinking of using pointhq as my dns provider, would you recommend it? :)

Thanked by 1Ollie

Comments

• jhjh Member

It's part of atechmedia so my guess would be they're fine. I use Rage4 though.

Thanked by 1TommehM
  • matthewvzmatthewvz Member, Host Rep

I used them for about a year but I was forced to switch since I was using the free version and I was using multiple domains with them. I am now a happy cloudflare user.

• Never tried them, I use Dyn, pretty good so far.

• I use ClouDNS and so far no issues, I recommend it. It's also waaaay cheaper compared to PointHQ.

• XNQXNQ Member

I'm using it for about 8 domains or so, works really good for me. I
    used to use them around a year or two ago, on the free tier. But I eventually came back.

They had a really nice coupon if you came back as well, $30 per year of DNS hosting, 10 domain limit and no query limit.

• i think they are popular. i use he.net though

• Cloud Flare user here.

• @jcaleb said:
    i think they are popular. i use he.net though

It was when it was free and run by aTechMedia and was bought out by copper.io.

Rage4.com / dns4.pro are good and free anycast DNS hosting providers :)

Thanked by 2jcaleb Amfy
  • Try Amazon's Route53, $0.50 per domain $0.50 per one billion requests (prorated). 100% uptime guaranteed with over 40 servers globally. My favorite because the Amazon API.

• Rage4 is really nice. Especially with the redesign.

If it's for a personal project and you don't need the fancy features, though, dns.he.net is a nice freebie alternative.

• TammyTammy Member

i use dnsever.com