Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Non-US VPS Needed
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Non-US VPS Needed

I am in the market for a VPS from a NON-US provider which allows IRC. I need a VPS with a minimum of /28 initial IPv4 allotment, and the ability to add IP addresses as needed without spending a fortune on them. I would also like a /64 IPv6 allotment with it as well.

We monitor all of our customers for abusive behavior, and work closely with our providers to ensure the best possible service to all of our users without eating resources for our upline providers.

I would prefer a non-North American provider, but will seriously consider all offers.

Comments

• What's the use case?

• use case?

• /28 IPv4? Are you looking for LEB price? Or open price points?

• NetGeezersNetGeezers Member
    edited March 2014

Either. If needed, submitting bids via private message works fine for me. A /28 is only 16 IPv4 addresses. If you need justification, I'll be happy to provide further details privately.

• eddynetwebeddynetweb Member
    edited March 2014

Ah, the reason I say that is IPv4 isn't cheap. I think 16 IP's isn't too bad however, you might get a decent price point for it.

• I know the prices for IPv4 direct from most datacenters already. I'm still looking for bids for a VPS given the provision information provided.

• @NetGeezers said:
    I know the prices for IPv4 direct from most datacenters already. I'm still looking for bids for a VPS given the provision information provided.

Why don't you go with a Dedicated server instead?

• @Floris said:
    Why don't you go with a Dedicated server instead?

May be because they are usually not cheap outside US.

• @NetGeezers said:
    I am in the market for a VPS from a NON-US provider which allows IRC. I need a VPS with a minimum of /28 initial IPv4 allotment, and the ability to add IP addresses as needed without spending a fortune on them. I would also like a /64 IPv6 allotment with it as well.

IP-Projects will give you 5-10 additional IPv4 for free on their VPSes.

• @skagerrak said:
    IP-Projects will give you 5-10 additional IPv4 for free on their VPSes.

Just ask for more IPv4? Even on XS?

• My apologies, I think I should have worded this more precisely. We do not care who the provider is for the VPS, the physical location is all that we require be non-US. We've already got plenty of locales in the US.

As far as the question regarding a dedicated server... that would be severe overkill. We only need about 25-30 GB of disk space and nominally 2-4GB of RAM. Anything more for this project would be a waste of resources.

• marcmmarcm Member

serverian said: What's the use case?

Lets hope it's not for mass email.

• We are a linux shell provider. Most of our customers are for regular shell accounts to setup and connect eggdrops or psybnc bots to their channels. Some of our accounts are also IRCd enabled. We monitor the traffic usage for signs of abuse or comments which may indicate a sparking point for a DDoS.

D

• @NetGeezers said:
    We are a linux shell provider. Most of our customers are for regular shell accounts to setup and connect eggdrops or psybnc bots to their channels. Some of our accounts are also IRCd enabled. We monitor the traffic usage for signs of abuse or comments which may indicate a sparking point for a DDoS.

D

Oh, that's cool! I love the shell account provider community :)

Could you send me the name of the provider? (or just post it here if you're cool with that)

• I'll PM it to you. I was here for to request bids on a VPS, not to spam our services. ;)

• Now I am interested in the name of the company as well. Could you send it to me as well, please?

As for European providers, I've got great experience with Prometeus. You could always send them a ticket, see if they can help you out. Seriously the best provider I have ever been with.

Another one is Torqhost, who are great as well. Just ticket them to see what they can do. They don't have IPv6 but a HE tunnel is all you need there (just get a KVM or a Xen machine for this to work). The overhead of the tunnel is minimal as HE's Stockholm location is about 6ms away from there.

• tomletomle Member, LIR

HE is limiting IRC unless you take their certification.

• @tomle said:
    HE is limiting IRC unless you take their certification.

Certification is fairly easy. And if @NetGeezers has issues taking their certification, I'd be glad to help him out. I already passed it twice (personal and company accounts) and you get a free T-shirt every time ;-)

• Yeah, I don't have any issues at all setting up an IPv6 tunnel. HE isn't the only game in town.

D

• bobbybobby Member
    edited March 2014

What mpkossen said + I would also check out Inceptionhosting, Providerservice (or brand thats used on last LEB post), Edis and if uk is interesting, NECS and/or OpenITC. Common denominator is solid XEN/KVM service with great uptime.