Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

$.50 .com Domains !???
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Comments

• strixstrix Member

I think the catch with networksolutions is the renewal cost, of course you could always register and then transfer out before renewal.

• They've been offering this for a while. First year only, then they can stick it to you.

• LeeLee Veteran

Indeed, the renewal price would pay for a reasonable spec ramnode vps for a year.

• awsonawson Member

I find Network Solutions to be shady. Not as bad as 1&1, but still.

• jmginerjmginer Member, Patron Provider

What is the renewal price?

• @jmginer said:
    What is the renewal price?

Something like $36

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited March 2014

Renewal is expensive, however I never had a problem to transfer domain away from NetworkSolutions (apart from need to request EPP code which they send to email address in 24 hours or so).

• networksolutions is a bad registrar! in my experience

• ckm_2ckm_2 Member

Spirit said: Renewal is expensive, however I never had a problem to transfer domain away from NetworkSolutions (apart from need to request EPP code which they send to email address in 24 hours or so).

Note: They have now change it to 72 hours, for getting the EPP code by email. (From my own experience.)

Thanked by 1Spirit
  • I have one or two domains with networksolutions and sure, near the END time I will transfer them to another registar.

30 days before the end I will start to find another place to TRANSFER. So, 24h or 72h will not be a BIG problem.

:)

• @ckm_2 said:
    Note: They have now change it to 72 hours, for getting the EPP code by email. (From my own experience.)

I got mine after 6 hours of request though. The problem occurs when you're trying to avail of a time limited promo from another registrar for transferring it out.

• I use their domain reseller product. Does what it says on the tin, support is poor if you ever need it... otherwise it's just an automaton that helps administrates your domains, base your use on them on the price.

• ckm_2ckm_2 Member

joelgm said: I got mine after 6 hours of request though.

Did you make the request through support ticket or control panel? On control panel it says the code will be sent within 3 days, and it has always taken the full amount of time for mine.

• fitvpnfitvpn Member
    edited March 2014

They ask to upload ID docs to them for verify? Activation time?

• BabahBabah Member

just suggestion, you can transfer your domain out (to other registrar) after 60 days of registration date.

• ckm_2 said: Did you make the request through support ticket or control panel?

Panel.