Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

KVM on Demand available (Volume Drive)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

KVM on Demand available (Volume Drive)

hello
I got server from VD , it's very good for price , but I want to know from the old customers, what "KVM on demand available" mean?

Comments

• alsemanyalsemany Member
    edited March 2014

thank you for replying
    :) I know that's mean IPMI, but I want to know if it's free , temporary on demand !!
    and I want to know also if it's temporary , how can it cost me in VD !!
    I already opened a ticket with them, you know it's Saturday and I think they are on holiday now :(
    and I need kvm device to be installed to my server but first want to know if it's free or not ,
    and if not how much does it cost at VD?

• hope @volumedrive here to answer me.
    there's no any information about that

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

It probably means that they will attach one of these to your server upon request.

http://www.lantronix.com/it-management/kvm-over-ip/spider.html

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited March 2014

@qps said:
    It probably means that they will attach one of these to your server upon request.

http://www.lantronix.com/it-management/kvm-over-ip/spider.html

This ^^ I have seen it mentioned before, the issue of course is that "they will attach one" which could mean quite a wait.

• thanks for replies
    but also I need to know from one of the old customers,
    because I want to know if it's temporary or forever also if it's free or paid
    and if paid how much does it cost ?

their support is so slow as un-managed & budget provider , so I think this device will help me a lot for managing my server myself with out more tickets.

thank you all for replying and hope someone from VD or an old customer reply to this topic
    thank you

• LeeLee Veteran

It seems to be important to you to have this so you need to establish whether the specific server you are ordering will have that and clarify with Volumedrive directly rather than here.

Yes, their support is slow, but that is VD for you. If you raised a sales ticket then you will need to wait until after the weekend.

But don't be in such a rush with them, even after you order it will be a week or more before they provision it.

• W1V_Lee said: Yes, their support is slow, but that is VD for you. If you raised a sales ticket then you will need to wait until after the weekend.

>
    Hmmm, I see, I already waiting till Monday to such reply.

W1V_Lee said: But don't be in such a rush with them, even after you order it will be a week or more before they provision it.

>
    I agree with you, but the only thing here that I need more information. I hope they make some FAQ in their website this will be great to make the life easier for the new clients.
    however I like the server performance , hardware is very nice compared by the low prices.

• @alsemany said:
    hello
    I got server from VD , it's very good for price , but I want to know from the old customers, what "KVM on demand available" mean?

This means if you request KVM over IP from our support, we'll place a unit on your machine for your use until your are finished. This is a complementary service.

• alsemanyalsemany Member
    edited March 2014

volumedrive said: This means if you request KVM over IP from our support, we'll place a unit on your machine for your use until your are finished. This is a complementary service.

thanks a lot for your reply,
    please tell me what about if I want the device on my server forever ? how much does it cost monthly?

• LeeLee Veteran

Not all servers come with that capability built in and they will only have so many devices, if you a permanent facility you need a different server