Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Has anyone here tried using Mikrotik Routers?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Has anyone here tried using Mikrotik Routers?

Any feedback or comparison with other brands is highly appreciated.

Comments

• emreemre Member, LIR

your nick is mywisp and you're asking about mikrotik? You gotta search more ...

• jmginerjmginer Member, Patron Provider
    edited March 2014

We use the CCR on all our locations, good ;)

• yes i have , i use it for VPN services. its easy to use and stable .

• They're good devices when used appropriately, I've used them in MDU deployments. I wouldn't put one in an extremely critical part of my network. Sometimes MT can be a little slow on bug fixes, but overall good for what you pay.

I find the bandwidth management capabilities to be extremely useful.

• Not enough 10G ports for our liking, but they're decent.

• Another alternative is Ubiquiti's EdgeRouter line. I doubt you'll find any other devices that can do line-rate Gigabit routing for $99.

I just picked a few up to dink around with, I do like the fact it's basically Vyatta underneath, and you can get at it.

• fazarfazar Member

I am using mikrotik routerboard as internet gateway at my office.. good, stable and cheap. I am using it for 4 years until now... :)

• Mikrotik is definitely a player in the WISP market now, alongside Ubnt. We have some Mikrotik systems in production right now, running flawlessly. I've used CCRs, a number of their other Mikrotik routers, and many of their wireless products, and am very happy with what I've seen so far. Many of the Mikrotik products compliment other manufacturers equipment quite well too, given how feature rich routerOS is.