Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

allow email marketing
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

allow email marketing

onzewonzew Member

Friends, I am looking for vps or dedicated allow email marketing. can show me some?

Comments

• A lot are very wary of it, I'd suggest that if you're sending emails you get a more dedicated solution, as you'll have to warm up the IP and are far more likely to get IPs with a VPS that will change.

Providers absolutely hate getting their IPs blacklisted at any of the DNSBL's and can't be sure how much care you're taking of bounces... throughput etc.

• Tagged: allow spam

Thanked by 3ricardo awson Shoaib_A
  • wychwych Member

CC wouldn't care but then again you wouldn't get good delivery rates...

Good luck finding a host that agrees to SPAM, may be better checking HF or BHW.

• awsonawson Member

Nice tags. You should replace "email marketing" with "spam" too.

• Where is the line between spam and marketing? For example, if you send 1000 - 2000 emails to an email list with fully disclosure company's details (address, phone number etc.) and with a link for removing the mail from the list, in many countries is legit. Or, when you download a free product/software, you agree with terms from the company to use your email to mail you offers from affiliates. Is this a forbiden activity for a vps privider? (I don't do email marketing or, even more, spam but I was always wondering because I from time to time receive such emails, mostly becaused I used a free service and gave them my email)

• @jvnadr said:
    Where is the line between spam and marketing?

Spam means unwanted mailings. Unwanted is clarified by laws. In the EU for example advertising emails are only allowed if the recipient did give his consent prior to the mailing. Plus several Member States run a robinson-list, that the sender has to respect. (Robinson list: a list where people enter their data and the sender has to check if the recipient is listed so he is not allowed to mail.) Opt-in mailing are for example forbidden in Germany so companies are using a double-opt-in (not a confirmed opt-in, which is illegal). In the end, the sender needs to have a valid agreement of the recipient.

• @skagerrak In Greece, is a little bit more loose. There is a disclosure and a state that if the recipient want to be removed from the list, then he can do it by clicking a removal link. Also, the sender is obligaded to collect emails in legit ways and not without the knowledge of the recipient.

• sorry guys but is email marketing still alive

• BrianHarrisonBrianHarrison Member, Patron Provider

@chauffer said:
    Tagged: allow spam

+1

9 out of 10 "e-mail marketers" that we've ever hosted (briefly) ended up being high-volume spammers.

@skagerrak said:
    Spam means unwanted mailings.

Unsolicited is the term you're looking for. I get plenty of unwanted promotional e-mails in my inbox, but I signed up to receive them so they're not unsolicited.