Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BlueVM, Seriously!? [Horror provider]
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BlueVM, Seriously!? [Horror provider]

BoxodeBoxode Member
edited March 2014 in Providers

Hi all,

I posted about BlueVM's downtime some time ago with my nodes. I have 3 VPS's on S7-ATL and have had continued issues. The first few weeks on S7-ATL were fine, no downtime, average I/O. Good uplink. Then it turned to hell. Within the last 2 weeks there have been several outages, 3 of them lasting 10+ hours, one lasting 16-18 hours.

I hopped on BlueVM's IRC and made Johnston aware of the issue, also brought up the issue that the node was clearly severally oversold, Johnston replied with "all hosts do it to some extent." and in relation to the downtime told me, "cant guarantee uptime", appalling! He did offer to switch me to a different node and I declined because Atlanta was were I wanted to be due to my client-base.

The node I am on clearly is oversold, but that's not the issue. The issue is the damn uptime, which Johnston just cannot manage to keep. The uptime on the node at the moment is somewhere between 65% - 75% for the last 2 weeks.

The node is even not functional now at all and is down. I'm transferring my services to BuyVM, I spoke to Fransisco personally and he showed me some packages they offer.

BlueVM, you've lost a customer.

Comments

• ATHKATHK Member

Doesn't surprise me the last couple of weeks / months BlueVM has come up a few times with downtime issues..

However his response did surprise me.. It's true in some cases though.

You'll be much happier at BuyVM.

• matthewvzmatthewvz Member, Host Rep

If you need Atlanta and uptime go for RamNode. I have near 100% uptime on my CKVM with them.

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • marcmmarcm Member
    edited March 2014
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

Nice addition to the title. Good way to amp up the drama.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • marcmmarcm Member
    edited March 2014

said: I spoke to Fransisco personally and he offered a nice package with much better uptime

Considering that BuyVM is most of the time sold out, Francisco must be really desperate for your business.

said: Johnston replied with "all hosts do it to some extent."

Nope, they don't. But if he used this statement as an excuse then he needs a career change badly. This ain't gonna work out for him...

said: "cant guarantee uptime"

If the guy told you that then he's probably two fries short of a Happy Meal.

Thanked by 1Pwner
  • k0nslk0nsl Member

RamNode has been very good for me, so far. But I only have one IRC node with them on a SKVM at their Seattle location, but uptime for an IRC node is pretty critical and so far the VM has been up since I set it up. So I can also recommend RamNode.

ByteShack.net has been good too, very powerful and fast service. No problem there, either!

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited March 2014

@marcm said:

Quoting still broken? Anyway, there was no 'deal'. If this is the same person I talked to a few days ago, they stopped by and I told them what stock we had available.

There is no BuyVM customer that gets a 'cheaper price' than what's listed on the sites. There's a few legacy Frantech people, but they're all old friends.

Thanks for the interest,

Francisco

Mentally regressed owner of BuyVM

Thanked by 2vRozenSch00n Pwner
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

marcm said: Considering that BuyVM is most of the time sold out, Francisco must be really desperate for your business.

BuyVM have stock most of the time these days, as of right now only a couple of the NJ plans are out of stock, everything else is available.

• marcmmarcm Member
    edited March 2014

@Francisco I hope that your sarcasm detector wasn't too far off :P

I was joking about how he presented the situation, making it seem like you came to the rescue. It's usually what folks do when they're trying to add to the dramatic tone of their rants reviews.

@Nekki seems like we posted at the same time. Anyway, this comment should explain what I meant ;-)

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@marcm said:
    Francisco I hope that your sarcasm detector wasn't too far off :P

I was joking about how he presented the situation, making it seem like you came to the rescue. It's usually what folks do when they're trying to add to the dramatic tone of their rants reviews.

Yes I get that but figured i'd have some fun with my closing line ;p

Francisco

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
  • Edit:

Fixed now. Submitted ticket and they replied 3.5 hours later.

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Thanks for the recs guys.

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • MunMun Member

From my knowledge bluevm has been getting hit by a DDOS for along while, but that is just from what I have heard, can't confirm anything.

Mun

• Don't let Francisco fool you, if you open 10 tickets asking for a discount (must be exactly 10) he'll give you 80% off

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

@texteditor said:
    Don't let Francisco fool you, if you open 10 tickets asking for a discount (must be exactly 10) he'll give you 80% off

Do we need a special passphrase as well?

Thanked by 1netomx
  • texteditor said: Don't let Francisco fool you, if you open 10 tickets asking for a discount (must be exactly 10) he'll give you 80% off

80% off for 100% less service?

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Nope, just open 10 tickets and complain about wanting a discount, they collect complaints so it's win-win

Thanked by 1netomx
  • texteditor said: Nope, just open 10 tickets and complain about wanting a discount, they collect complaints so it's win-win

For that price you might as well stick someone else on him.

• MunMun Member

I wonder how many people are actually going to make 10 tickets now......

• Mun said: I wonder how many people are actually going to make 10 tickets now......

Fakeposting like that in another thread actually got me this PM:

I saw that you can offer 120 ips for $25/m and I was wondering how much you'll do for 20ips with 500gb bandwidth?

So someone will probably try it. Sorry Francisco

Thanked by 2Mark_R netomx
  • @texteditor said:

No one replied to my tickets yet. Maybe it wasn't a good idea giving them all the same title.

Thanked by 1Floris
  • Do not expect more quality from cheap budget services

• LeeLee Veteran

@2xHosting said:
    Do not expect more quality from cheap budget services

Not your best move newbie :P

Thanked by 2Mark_R FrankZ
  • 2xHosting2xHosting Member
    edited March 2014

@W1V_Lee said:
    Not your best move newbie :P

so ?

• 2xHosting said: Do not expect more quality from cheap budget services

2xHosting said: 2xHosting - 20GB Disk Space Unmetered Bandwidth $4.50/mo •

I don't even.

Thanked by 2Pwner 2xHosting
  • ztecztec Member

They blue me away.

• marcmmarcm Member

serverian said: I don't even.

Indeed two timing...

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited March 2014

@viCommunications said:

Fixed now. Submitted ticket and they replied 3.5 hours later.

This discussion has been closed.