Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DataShack Strictness
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DataShack Strictness

SpencerSpencer Member
edited April 2012 in General

Im looking at colo at DataShack and I wanted to know how strict they are on DMCA and such. I plan on doing shared hosting with it. Im currently in EvoSwitch and they are HORRIBLE with DMCA requests. If they get an abuse report they just null route the IP instead of sending me the abuse report. I just wanted to know if DataShack would forward me the abuse report instead of taking actions right away.

Comments

• The give you 24 hours to respond and take down content. Too many DMCA's and they'll tell you to go away.

• Used datashack before, they're great, the support is NEAR instant.. which is insanely good for a budget provider.

that being said they follow the same abuse policies as many US based hosts, 24 hours to remove, nulled after that.

• If they know you or you have 10 - 15 servers + they'll give you up to 48 or if it's a client node sometimes up to 72. Some of their mid-tower hosting is actually in Wholesales datacenter so you can save $5 if you wanted to by going through datashack...

Also FYI last time I checked they were out of space 100% and were waiting until they had more space to start reading sales emails again.

• subigosubigo Member
    edited April 2012

@BlueVM said: Also FYI last time I checked they were out of space 100% and were waiting until they had more space to start reading sales emails again.

They've had a few server configs available for a couple of weeks now. They've been updating their order page every few days now. Unless you're talking about Wholesale Internet and not Datashack... in that case, good luck. It's been almost impossible for me to get servers from WSI for over a year now.

• @subigo said: They've had a few server configs available for a couple of weeks now. They've been updating their order page every few days now. Unless you're talking about Wholesale Internet and not Datashack... in that case, good luck. It's been almost impossible for me to get servers from WSI for over a year now.

WSI is definitely out... Datashack is out of mid-tower hosting as far as I know. Tried to get 10 i7s hosted there and no response. Finally got 2 into WSI hoping to get IPs there tomorrow.