Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's your experience with ChicagoVPS? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What's your experience with ChicagoVPS?

13»

Comments

• I sent ticket this morning and got resolved quickly. But chris doesnt answer me in PM and emails ever since. So I think it doesnt count when he says "PM me" or something like that.

• MorningIrisMorningIris Member
    edited August 2014

Their ticket does NOT come into Hotmail or Yahoo account. Totally black-listed.

• @MorningIris said:
    Their ticket does NOT come into Hotmail or Yahoo account. Totally black-listed.

Exactly my experience. Now James claimed it was not their problem that I could not received their emails, because the emails left their server anyway. It maybe true, but if it is due to their ip being black listed, it is still their problem, right?

• @twinclouds said:
    You mean my hotmail ip? My hotmail account works for anybody else except CVPS. So it should not be my email address problem, right. In addition, how I can change my hotmail ip address, I think it is controlled by Microsoft.

OH, you're talking about Hotmail? Hotmail may be rejecting messages as they become sent out. You can't change the IP, and it's shared.

• @eddynetweb said:
    OH, you're talking about Hotmail? Hotmail may be rejecting messages as they become sent out. You can't change the IP, and it's shared.

Thanks.
    The problem is that I am using Hotmail as my contact email. I cannot receive any email from CVPS. I also tried gmail with the same result. Of course, I can use another email address instead but how I can make sure CVPS's email will not be blocked. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. I am not too proficient in networking/email setting so any additional references will be helpful.

• @jvnadr said:
    I use one, just using mailgun as relay and ... voila! No problem with problematic ips.

Can doing this solve my problem? My ip is fine. The problem is that it appears CVPS's email ip is blocked by some spam filters. If it can, what I should do?

• akzakz Member

got a cheap ovz just before their last hack. After the hack uptime has been great however the box randomly shuts down and does not know to boot itself back and requires manual intervention. Great for a test box that actually works.

• @twinclouds said:

>

Nothing you can do, they need to get their IP's cleaned with Microsoft.

• @eddynetweb said:
    Nothing you can do, they need to get their IP's cleaned with Microsoft.

Will it help if I use a different email service?

• eddynetwebeddynetweb Member
    edited August 2014

@twinclouds said:

Yeah, Gmail or a self-hosted solution.

• @eddynetweb said:
    Yeah, Gmail or a self-hosted solution.

I tried gmail and yahoo mail, either works.

• What is the easiest way to set up a self host email? Thanks.

• @twinclouds said:
    What is the easiest way to set up a self host email? Thanks.

Vesta may help you greatly.

• loydloyd Member
    edited August 2014

I think people got ticked off by that hack last year.

Got their $60/3y 2GB special last December in Buffalo and use it as family mailserver and private webserver. No issues. Webserver serves 1800-2000 rq/s locally. Download from cachefly 11.3MB/s (100Mbps link). I/O 114MB/s first time then 438/419MB/s second and third time.

Had one ticket in February, response time 4min. Maybe I just got lucky, but I wish all the hosts were like this.

• @loyd said:
    I think people got ticked off by that hack last year.

Got their $60/3y 2GB special last December in Buffalo and use it as family mailserver and private webserver. No issues. Webserver serves 1800-2000 rq/s locally. Download from cachefly 11.3MB/s (100Mbps link). I/O 114MB/s first time then 438/419MB/s second and third time.

Had one ticket in February, response time 4min. Maybe I just got lucky, but I wish all the hosts were like this.

Are you talking about ChicagoVPS? It it is, I think their server works fine. Their response to ticket is usually fast also. I just don't know why they cannot solve their email problem. Maybe it is too difficult for them to solve but that should not be an excuse. I may want to get another one from them but need to wait until this problem is solved.

• LeeLee Veteran

I would not say CVPs is the best but not the worst, when you balance out performance, lies, hacks and everything else there are worse you could buy from.

• Every conversation to their support ends with "Can I setup a new server for you?" after several back and forth. and you should keep in mind that they don't know nothing you are talking about, but you have to hang in here and let them provide the killing solution "Can I setup a new server for you?".

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

@twinclouds, what exactly is getting blocked? Emails you are sending from your VPS or receiving emails from our billing panel?

• @CVPS_Chris emails from your billing panel never reaches Hotmail or Yahoo, you didn't know this?

• CrabCrab Member

uptime

07:52:02 up 83 days, 23:20, 1 user, load average: 0.01, 0.01, 0.00

The only noticeable downtime in last two years has been our own reboots for kernel upgrades. Pretty good for a $30/yr VPS!

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

@MorningIris, I am not sure how that is possible. I have double checked and the IP we send mail from is not black listed. I would check your spam features or add us to your allow list.

• DBADBA Member

Renewed a $30/year VPS with them this past spring. No complaints, tickets resolved to my satisfaction but I am not demanding or impatient.

• @CVPS_Chris I added all of your domain, emails to safe list, still nothing comes in.

• @CVPS_Chris said:
    twinclouds, what exactly is getting blocked? Emails you are sending from your VPS or receiving emails from our billing panel?

Chris:
    I think I have exactly the same problem as MorningIris. I never received any email from CVPS, e.g., the notification of subscribed to your VPS, the ticket notifications, and etc. I don't have an email server so I am not talking about that. I set up two subcontact account using gmail, yahoo mail in addition to my main account with hotmail. No email ever come to my mailboxes in either case. To summarize, I didn't receive any of the 37 emails in the "email history" under my account menu. If you want to check, the latest ticket is: "[Ticket ID: TUM-032151] Never receive emails from you".
    It is really a pity because your VPS works very well. I might want to get more but I am hesitating because the email problem.

• My problem is still not solved. I still cannot receive any CVPS emails to any of my email account. Nevertheless, my ticket was closed. I don't think it is a good practice.

• @twinclouds said:
    My problem is still not solved. I still cannot receive any CVPS emails to any of my email account. Nevertheless, my ticket was closed. I don't think it is a good practice.

Hotmail right?

• Hotmail, Outlook, Yahoo, all blocks CVps even though you put them as Safe Sender.
    CVps doesn't seem to care much about their business.

• There are some progresses today. They resent the "Your New VPS Information!" email today, even though I still only have one VPS. My gmail and Yahoo mail received it but not hotmail. I can live with that. The problem is that I still didn't receive the ticket emails shown on my email history. It was sent after the email that I received. I hope this problem will be solved soon.